I cant get responses to genuine questions!

magic_mat1
Community Member

I have been looking at buying certain models of Fender Stratocaster guitars and after being messed around trying to buy elsewhere I decided to try Ebay. I have had my account for years but got put off when I tried to buy an item but because my account was new it would not let me and I ended up just going to Amazon. 

The problem I have is that people simply ignore me because I have no purchases. I even asked someone to give me any response of any kind just so I know someone is at the other end (ad has not been updated for months) but I just get ignored. 

How do I purchase anything if sellers completely ignore me no matter what I do? Incredibly frustrating! 

Message 1 of 62
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The seller seems to be new at selling. Located in Victoria. Obviously a guitarist. No red flags that I can seeโ€ฆ

Could be worth it. Just be aware that thereโ€™s clearly no warranty. This is a private seller. At that price I would want to inspect and play the item before handing over payment.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 62
Latest reply
61 REPLIES 61

You could try buying. Assuming the guitar is accurately described. Sellers tend to use the 80/20 rule, and they probably consider you in the 20.

Or go back to Amazon.

Message 2 of 62
Latest reply

magic_mat1
Community Member

It's a terrible new user experience... incredibly frustrating to have money but you get ignored. I am just concerned there is no activity for months on the account and but postage is also not specified and looking around the prices vary a LOT. It's an expensive item and I don't want to throw money into a void... but I get ignored by everyone. They don't sell these on Amazon either 

Such a frustrating experience, I wish I could somehow verify I have money so people don't outright ignore me. 

Message 3 of 62
Latest reply

Post the item number of an item from whose seller youโ€™ve asked a question, and the responders here can take a look. If itโ€™s a Chinese seller, youโ€™ll possibly have dodged a bullet. I would be very careful about buying an instrument on eBay unless the seller were a professional instrument maker or seller known to me by reputation at least, and of course if I require a warranty enforceable here, it must be bought from an Australian authorised business.

There are some such on eBay. Unrealistically low price, though, point to a problem.

Message 4 of 62
Latest reply

Hey thank you, that would be great. I was a bit concerned that it hasn't sold for so long as it does appear to be a good deal. I wasn't sure if posting auction details was permitted or not. I guess the item number is 186072703900 

Message 5 of 62
Latest reply

The seller seems to be new at selling. Located in Victoria. Obviously a guitarist. No red flags that I can seeโ€ฆ

Could be worth it. Just be aware that thereโ€™s clearly no warranty. This is a private seller. At that price I would want to inspect and play the item before handing over payment.

Message 6 of 62
Latest reply

Thank you, I really want to know if they are even still alive. If the item is brand new as it appears to be, I think it is pretty safe and they have a good rating too of course.

However I cant even confirm if they are even there as they either absolutely refuse to respond to me so I cant even confirm if they are even active anymore. I would buy now but I don't want to send money into the ether and have the drama of trying to get it back if they never respond. I would almost be willing to just risk it with postage costs due to their 100% rating... but yeah, no obvious activity since Oct last year has me nervous. 

Jeez if they would give me the dignity of even a single sentence response.... ๐Ÿ˜ž

Message 7 of 62
Latest reply

magic_mat1
Community Member

If someone would kindly message them to see if they are actually responding, then at least I know I can buy now and go from there. Would appreciate it a lot if someone could do this! Or direct them to my query here so they know I am actually serious! 

It is insane how hard it has been to spend money on Ebay! 

Message 8 of 62
Latest reply

Why have you opened another thread?

Do you think you will get different responses?

Take responsibility for your own decisions.

Message 9 of 62
Latest reply

You are not at all helpful so blocking/muting 

Message 10 of 62
Latest reply