Newbie question: What is the process at the post office when using ebay postage labels?

New seller here, I'm wondering if there's anything I need to prepare for at the post office when using pre-paid postage labels. Do I simply just hand in the package over the counter and they'll give me the proof of lodgement (after confirming things of course) and that's that? Or is there more I need to know? I usually just put parcels into street posting boxes if I ever need to send something, but the package won't fit and I've been told that it's a bad idea anyways since I wouldn't get any proof of lodgement in case something goes wrong.

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Newbie question: What is the process at the post office when using ebay postage labels?

Lodge at the counter. They will scan the label and give you a lodgement receipt. Thus you have a scan within your handling time, which will reduce your chances of getting policy violations for late posting.

On a semi-related note, check out AP MyPost Business. You don't need much volume to qualify for discounts better than what eBay give you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: Newbie question: What is the process at the post office when using ebay postage labels?

Lodge at the counter. They will scan the label and give you a lodgement receipt. Thus you have a scan within your handling time, which will reduce your chances of getting policy violations for late posting.

On a semi-related note, check out AP MyPost Business. You don't need much volume to qualify for discounts better than what eBay give you.

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply