Problem Verifying Bank Account

lachem0
Community Member

This is a bit of a self inflicted problem due to me not reading the details correctly, but, I put in random values (50 cents) into the micro deposit verifcation thing not realizing that eBay sends you a random amount of money and you then have to verify it by inputting that amount. Any time I try to do this again I am met with the message saying "Unfortunately we are still having trouble verifying your micro deposit amounts". Understandable since it would be wrong. Will this reset automatically and then let me try again? Or do I have to reach out to get it manually reset? The main problem with this is somebody just brought something I had listed while I was trying to figure this out so I have money sitting around that cant be accessed. Going through older threads I now realise I shouldn't have listed before this was solved. Anyways, any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Problem Verifying Bank Account

lachem0
Community Member

I managed to fix it by getting in touch with someone through live chat. 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

LOL - still trying to get my head around this one.

Why would you do that??

An aside - when eBay says micro - they mean micro - .07 cents at best.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

I have no idea haha, as I said I just didn't read it correctly. After my mistake, I saw the amounts which were 0.07 and 0.02 which are indeed micro. 

Do you know if it will reset after a couple of days and let me attempt it again?

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Another question. I am most likely going to give the buyer a full refund, will this money come out of the on hold money? And if I do give a full refund, what happens to the Fees money that eBay has taken a cut of, does that get removed? Sorry for all the questions, didn't think I would end up in a position like this lol.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

lachem0
Community Member

I managed to fix it by getting in touch with someone through live chat. 

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

I did the same thing by mistaking and added 2 random micro amounts, and got the "unfortunately cannot verify" message. How did the ebay customer fix the issue?  

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

same problem,why do they dabble and interfear when no complaint is made INSANE OVERREACH

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

https://www.austrac.gov.au/business/core-guidance/customer-identification-and-verification

Identifying customers before providing a designated service

• As of 17 June 2021, changes to the AML/CTF Act to explicitly prohibit reporting entities from providing a designated service if customer identification procedures cannot be performed.

You must not provide a designated service to a customer unless applicable customer identification procedures (ACIP) have been carried out.

This obligation applies regardless of whether it involves a one-off transaction or an ongoing business relationship.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply