Would someone in Australia mind confirming if a seller is actually still alive for me please?

magic_mat1
Community Member

I am very interested in hitting buy now on item 186072703900 but the seller either absolutely refuses to respond to me or they are no longer active. 

I am not sure if they are ignoring me due to my no history account or if they are actually not active. I don't want to hit buy now and have to deal with trying to get my money back if they are literally deceased or something. 

If someone would kindly message them to see if they are actually active I would very much appreciate it! 

It has been incredibly difficult to buy anything as people ignore me completely. I understand the concern over scammers but it makes it very difficult for genuine buyers 

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Would someone in Australia mind confirming if a seller is actually still alive for me please?

If you want to occasionally buy on ebay, maybe start with a couple of small purchases, things that are eg $20 or so, just to build up a slight good buying record.

I had a look at that ad and it says he could deliver to many areas in Vic. Note: it didn't say all of Vic, just 'many locations'.

This is one very cautious seller. Keep in mind he doesn't appear to have sold anything for over a year either & this is currently his only item on sale and its a big sale.

Plus he has 42 watchers for this item.

Why he didn't just list as pick up only, I do not know, but I get the feeling he may even be willing to deliver it himself (for a freight price), depending on where the buyer is located.

I am guessing he is ignoring you as he is worried about being scammed. You need to realise that if he sold to you and sent it to Sydney, all you have to do is open an ebay claim that it was not as described or faulty in some way and whoosh, ebay would demand he issue a postage label to you, you would be refunded and he would be out of pocket all the ebay fees. Plus as you are new, for all he knows you may not even send back the original item.

All that could happen with any buyer, I suppose, which is why I get the sense he may be arranging delivery himself.

It is poor form for him not to at least answer you (yes, he is still alive, I would be willing to lay bets) & it does sound as if you are a genuine buyer but you are in Sydney anyway so it may be easier for you to just move on to another seller. 

They won't all be like this.

View solution in original post

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Nobody is going to message another member on your behalf.

They might be ignoring you for many reasons.

You might be a potential problem if you are asking questions about details mentioned in the listing (have you been blocked? I probably would);

You've been a member for 3 years but haven't any record of buying anything.

Buy it, if it what you want. eBay is extremely buyer-centric and the MBG will protect you. It's not a hassle.

Or, radical idea, buy from a B&M. You don't seem to understand how online trading works.

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

Well they have recent activity, but who knows, they could have died yesterday for all we know.

Maybe your messages are being blocked, or the seller just has not got around to replying

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

magic_mat1
Community Member

Not at all helpful. 

I am not asking anyone to advocate for me, I just want to know if they are still active. I think it is reasonable considering they have had zero activity for months and this is a pretty reasonable deal. So any sane person would be wondering why it has not sold and the account has suddenly stopped buying anything. 

If they gave me a one word response then I would know they are still alive at the very least. 

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

Yeah this is the problem... If I could get a single word response. 

Ugh I guess I just give up on Ebay at this point, it is just too painful when I was hoping to avoid all the BS time wasting I got on Marketplace. Unbelievable 

(unhelpful response wasn't directed at you btw)

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

@magic_mat1 wrote:

I just want to know if they are still active. I think it is reasonable considering they have had zero activity for months

Wrong, they've left 4 feedback in the last month alone....................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

magic_mat1
Community Member

I cant even buy now as they have not specified shipping so it wont let me proceed. At this point I give up. 

Thank you anyway to the people who provided actual useful responses on both my threads. 

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

Exactly Padi,  and they bought an automatic watering system, so probably on holidays.

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

Ah I cant even tell how to see this... well I guess they are ignoring me then. I cant proceed either way as they have not specified shipping so it will not let me proceed. 

I have never had such a hard time trying to spend money, absolutely insane. 

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

How long ago did you message them.

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply