Do I have any recourse through Ebay if I was charged triple what the postage actually was?

4monty2
Community Member

I have contacted the seller and basically been told ....... stiff, I don't issue refunds! He advised me that he charges the same postage cost Australia wide, but it does not state that anywhere in his listing. He also stated that his listing proce was FIRM, and when I pointed out that this was the case for the item, not the postage, that's when I got the response above. He sent fragile items in two tuff bags taped together and when I mentioned that one was damaged was told it's not his problem contact Australia Post! He charged us $60 for registered post and the actual cost of the postage was $17.80, not registered. I understand that he would also have had to pay for the bags but I believe they are only about $2.50 each.

l haven't left him feedback as yet as I am fairly disgusted with his overall attitude and want to calm down and investigae my options first. Does anyone have any suggestions??

I suppose it annoys me more because when we sell items, ebay often overestimates the cost postage and we ALWAYS refund the difference, I believe that is only fair.

View Entire Topic

model cars? check his feedback for similar items.........