Why do funds take up to a week to be made available with ebay bank transfer

mumx4
Community Member

When a buyer is prompt and pays immediately after an auction, they expect, as I would expect, the purchased item to be posted within a maximum of 3 days. I have been using ebay for a very long time and this new Ebay payment system is far from adequate or efficient.  I have items that sold on Friday evening, it is recorded that the buyers have paid for their items, it is now Monday mid morning and still no funds into the sellers (my) bank account.  My bank account has been verified. The buyer's funds are in Ebay's possession not the the sellers bank account,  therefore the seller cannot post the items. As a seller, am I missing a step in this process? This new payment system is certainly slowing down the process and without a system where a seller can see how much and from where the funds are coming I have little confidence in this process.

View Entire Topic

I have to agree with you, that the payment system now stinks. I have been an ebayer for almost 20 years. I have a 100 per cent feedback rating. Never had a problem with selling and buying. I havent sold anythng on ebay for a couple of years. Just sold some high end items, and the items had to be posted immediately. I have now out of pocket costs of over $300 for postage, and ebay have decided to hold onto my payments for 3 weeks, and then when they do release them that I have to expect payments to take up to 4 business days to reach my bank account. So, I will now be out of pocket for up to 1 month. This stinks, as me being a responsible ebayer that has NEVER EVER defaulted.  I will never sell on ebay again. They have just made a fortune out of me, not just in making a few hundred dollars on what I sold, but also being able to sit on about $2500 for almost 1 month. 

Ask a Question