Why can I not talk to anyone at Ebay Australia?

I pressed on commit to buy, but have not proceeded to payment, and I want to cancel, as I have decided to go and pick up

the same item at Highpoint Shopping Centre instead.   It's utterly scary that there is no phone contact at all with Ebay Australia.

Anyone Else know what I can do?    I tried to message the seller to tell them I had cancelled my order before payment.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

As mentioned, you will need to ask the seller to cancel and hope they will oblige as they have already been charged fees.

It has nothing to do with eBay as they don't sell anything, it is between you and the seller.

Selecting to bid or buy on eBay is an obligation to complete the transaction.

Being a weekend they may not get back to you until monday.

The overseas call center has been closed for weeks due to Coronavirus 

eBay would not cancel for you anyway, even if the call center was open

If you pressed commit to buy, then you commited to buy and need to pay

How long after committing to buy did you suddenly decide to buy elsewhere?

You said you want to cancel but then that you had cancelled before payment?  (not understanding, sorry)

Only the seller can cancel and they are no obligated to do so, they have been charged fees (even if you don't pay) and had their time wasted 

You will just have to hope the seller agrees to cancel 

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

@nonhumanoid wrote:
It's utterly scary that there is no phone contact at all with Ebay Australia.

I am not sure why it is so scary that there is no phone contact with ebay Australia now....there never has been unless you ring the number in the phone book and the staff will redirect you to the service centre number.
The ebay Australia office does not connect to a help centre.

The 1800 number will connect you with a help centre in the Philippines or the USA although both are closed now due to the coronavirus.