my credit card has had a charge of $49 applied with the reference EbayPlus Sydney.

my credit card has had a charge of $49 applied with the reference EbayPlus Sydney.  I didn't authorise this fee so how do I go about having this fee credited back to my credit card.

Accepted Solutions (2)

Accepted Solutions (2)

If eBay plus has your credit card details - you had to give them those details.

Unless as Dave says - hacked - which I don't think happened.

You signed up. 

You have 14 days (I think) from the date of payment, to cancel your subscription and contact ebay CS to request a refund.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

You DID authorise this fee by signing up to eBay Plus. The free trial is 30 days, after that you pay $49 per annum.

Unless your account and card has been hacked. In which case cancel your card, your eBay account and anything else the 'hacker' had access to.

The thing is, anyone who really and truly did not sign up would not be coming directly to the member to member forum, that would be the least of their worries as first port of call

They would be notifying their bank to cancel their card and to investigate the charges before anything else, they second they saw unauthorised charges on their card/account

They would be notifying eBay their account has been compromised 

They would not be accepting as solution to cancel the membership they just said they did not sign up to

This is the problem people have when they tick boxes that say 'they have read and understood' or 'read and agree to'

It says the fees involved right there 

Ask a Question