Can Ebay see my private communication between me and a seller?

The reason I ask is that I bid for an item and won. The seller told me after I won the auction that he does not ship to India and said cancel the auction. I stated that I had previously shipped an item to India and that my primary address is Sydney and that I also live in Sydney. He sent me a threatening message asking me to agree to the cancellation. I agreed and left the matter. The same day the item is relisted with a higher opening bid than what I won it at. So I then decided to leave neutral feedback stating seller cancelled and relisted item.

That is when the emails started from him- very threatening ones. When I asked him to stop he said he had reported me to ebay. So I then reported him as he stated he knows where I live. Ebay responded that they have seen our correspondence and will take appropriate action and also asked I take the matter to the Police if I have further concerns. Im not worried about the idiot seller. I am just curious to know if ebay can infact see these msgs or did i get a standard response?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)