Can Ebay see my private communication between me and a seller?

The reason I ask is that I bid for an item and won. The seller told me after I won the auction that he does not ship to India and said cancel the auction. I stated that I had previously shipped an item to India and that my primary address is Sydney and that I also live in Sydney. He sent me a threatening message asking me to agree to the cancellation. I agreed and left the matter. The same day the item is relisted with a higher opening bid than what I won it at. So I then decided to leave neutral feedback stating seller cancelled and relisted item.

That is when the emails started from him- very threatening ones. When I asked him to stop he said he had reported me to ebay. So I then reported him as he stated he knows where I live. Ebay responded that they have seen our correspondence and will take appropriate action and also asked I take the matter to the Police if I have further concerns. Im not worried about the idiot seller. I am just curious to know if ebay can infact see these msgs or did i get a standard response?

View Entire Topic

If something is reported to eaby, they can most definitely see the correspondence between members.

And you are most definitely within your rights to leave neutral fb if this is what he has done.

Any messages through ebay, do not respond, just hit the report button and send them to ebay.

If he send any messages to your private email, send them to abuse@whatever his isp is.