(0) feedback buyer and no communication how long before relisting and what are the potential issues

I assumed the person who brought my item at the buy it now price (after offering more than the BIN price in an offer) was just a newbie, but it has now been a few days and no communication or payment.  Is there a time frame before I can relist the item and cancel the transaction. I did have a look on policy but couldn't find anything specific. I don't want to cancel and get in trouble for doing so...

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: (0) feedback buyer and no communication how long before relisting and what are the potential iss

Have you contacted the buyer ? Be polite as they may be away or a host of other quite legit reasons. ( but they really shouldn't have bidded if they were going away without notifying you )  If you have and they haven't replied, open a case ( Payment not recieved ) They ( buyer ) has a time limit of 4 days and then after that if they still not have made contact or payed, they will recieve a Strike against them and you will get your fees back. Also, put them into your Block Bidders List and  others will be saved a lot of grief.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Re: (0) feedback buyer and no communication how long before relisting and what are the potential iss

The quickest and easiest is it open up a unpaid item dispute. You can do this after 4 days from time of sale. Your buyer will be send an automated payment reminder which gives them another 4 days to pay. If they don't just go back into the resolution centre and close the dispute. You will be refunded your fees, the buyer will cop a strike against their ID and they won't be able to leave feedback.
If you send a cancellation request and the buyer doesn't answer you can wait ten days for it to finalise, buyer can still leave feedback good or bad.

Edit: too slow typing.
Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Did you say they offered more then the BIN?

That's often the signs of a scammer trying to get personal details on accounts.

Open an unpaid item case after 4 days and that may spur a response.

Edit - Even slower Smiley Very Happy

image host
Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

If it's one of the iphones you sold, and they have offered more than the BIN price, then I'd say 99% chance it's a scammer. Open a dispute as soon as you can, as the others suggested. 

Make sure you have buyer requirement blocks in place to stop non payers who have 2 or more strikes in 12 months and also buyers with less than 5 feedback who haven't been through phone verification. I don't think most scammers would bother with phone verifying their account. If you are selling phones, it's essential that you set these blocks up if you haven't already.

Don't under any circumstances send a cancellation request.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

thanks for the advise, yes I hve contacted the buyer several times :-). the last message I stated that I would give 2 more days and if I didn't hear from him would proceed with cancelling the transaction.  That would be today 🙂

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

awesome, thank you! was worried about getting neg feedback too 🙂 I will lodge and unpaid item.  Thanks so much! more a buyer then a selller LOL

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

oh WOW! thank you, so much to know eh! I didn't know I could limit who could bid! I will have to research how to do that now! Thank you so  much! And yes is the $90 iphone. i am more of a buyer than a seller, usually buy them here refurbish them and sell them to local people on facebook, that way if there is an issue I am here to solve it... 

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

PS why do I not get notifications that people have responded to my question? always says 0 is strange!

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

To set buyer requirement blocks, click on this link http://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BuyerBlockPreferences In future, you can find this page by clicking on Account (up the top of your My eBay page), then site preferences, then scroll down to Buyer Requirements and click show, then edit (or you can just save this link to your bookmarks).

Buyers With Unpaid Item Strikes - set to 2 in 12 months.

Buyers in a Location I Don't Post To - tick

Buyers With Policy Violations - set to 4 in 6 months

Block Buyers With A Negative Feedback Score - tick and set to -1 (even though buyers can only get positive feedback, this weeds out scam sellers who suddenly get hit with a lot of negatives)

Buyers Who May Buy My Items and Not Pay For Them - optional. That just stops people bidding on more than the number of items you select. Once they say buy 10 items, they are blocked from buying any more until they have paid for the ones they have bought. I don't have that ticked.

Buyers Who Haven't Gone Through Phone Verification - tick and apply to buyers who have feedback of 5 or lower.

Apply to Current and Future Listings - tick

Don't Allow Blocked Buyers to Contact Me - tick.

They are the tightest block settings you can have. They won't stop everyone, but they will certainly stop a lot of pests.

You can keep an eye on who has been trying to buy and are blocked by following the directions above, but after you click show, don't hit edit. After clicking show, there will be a link at the bottom of that opened box called Buyer Requirement Log. It will show you the ID of non phone verified buyers, but won't show ID's of non payers.

You can add bad buyers to your blocked buyer list, http://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BidderBlockLogin That link can also be found at the bottom of the buyer requirement page where you just ticked all the boxes. I just have a link to it on my bookmark bar for easy accessibility. It's also useful to add other people's bad buyers to it as well because you just never know if they're going to want to buy something off you. If you go to the buyers forum, you can often add names there too when bad buyers reveal themselves unknowingly.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply