1000 free listings on ebay.co.uk

I sometimes log into the ebay uk site as my daughter lives in London and I have stuff sent to her. When I was scrolling through my account page I came to the Listings Section and it says - List 1000 for for free per month.

I was dumbfounded....how come we only get a lousy 40 free listings per month and they get 1000 per month?

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: 1000 free listings on ebay.co.uk

Economies of scale?

A short-term promo?

It is irrelevant to me; I don't live or list in the UK.

Do they get the unlimited FVF capped listings every weekend? That is more valuable to me.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

I get unlimited free listings every weekend, I don't care about a mere 1,000.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Wow, that's amazing! 1,000...

Reminds me of how eBay US offers 50 free listings and only 35c per listing thereafter! We are slugged $1.65 after 40 free listings.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

I get that offer sometimes too, but with the new 'Good til Cancelled' policy, if they automatically roll over after the month ends you only get 40 free and charged $1.65 for the rest.

I just don't understand why they have different policies for different countries

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

As I am fortunate to still get the weekend promo at the moment, any GTC listings that are due to roll over within the next 7 days are ended and relisted during the promo. That way they don't get a chance to auto roll over that is GTC. I couldn't tell you the last time I used one of my 40 freebies.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Same reason why they charge more for items here than overseas, Because they Can.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Speaking of offers, I just received an e-mail from eBay headed "Your -999% voucher expires on 31/12/69 - don't hold back!". Somthing screwy going on...

Put up a post about it, including a screen-cap of the e-mail heading - some fool reported it as spam....

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

'free listings' really are small change when its the FVF that are the killers.

at the moment i get unlimited free listings with pay only $1 FVF

i was getting free unlimited listings and pay "0" FVF for a while, but $1 is very reasonable.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

You're lucky.....I can't remember the last time I got the weekend promo

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply