11 Watching??

....is showing on just one of our listings at the moment. Just one.

I’ve never seen this, ever, on any listing of ours.

Anyone??

Melina.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

11 Watching??

It's not I, Melina.

I have occasionally looked, but am not watching.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

11 Watching??

don't get excited.....probably a glitch (but you never know).....I've had in the long distant past, nearly 2000 views with 7 watchers (yes, on 1 item).....it didn't sell 😞

Good luck, though!
Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

11 Watching??

go-tazz
Community Member

I've got one with 12 views and 2 watchers at present,(looks good but it's only at the end if it sells that it counts),blush-1.gif

Good luck with it,give_rose.gif

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

11 Watching??

I,ve listed a few classic cars & motorcycles for auction over the years. Its not uncommon to get over 1000 looks and over 100 watchers on these. .......It also drags the Nigerian scammers out of the closet, just for good measure.

Even if they get a bid ( or three ) it doesnt mean they are sold till they are paid for and the buyer has collected them. Pays not to hold your breath too long when selling old cars and bikes on ebay, although eventually the right buyer usually comes along if you can put up with the tire kickers.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

11 Watching??

I probably didn’t explain myself well. The 11 watchers are not just showing on my selling page, but also at view on the listing itself.

I thought eBay had canned this? But must be a glitch - only on one listed item.

Melina.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

11 Watching??

@clubesquire wrote:

I probably didn’t explain myself well. The 11 watchers are not just showing on my selling page, but also at view on the listing itself.

I thought eBay had canned this? But must be a glitch - only on one listed item.

Melina.

It's just on the page view for the views on mine,(not watchers).

The one they canned was the counter that used to be under the description box.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

11 Watching??

I think you mean viewers not watchers.

Views are a count of people having a look at your listing which means very little.

In fact if it was a sudden boost it could be due to your previous thread here where members select view listings to have a look at one of your listings usually the first one appearing of all your listings.

Watchers are members saving one of your items to their watch lists, a little better than views but still doesn't equate to sales.

image host
Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

11 Watching??

I have had this many times, plenty of watchers.  I have 7 on one listing at the moment. I have had 11 or more many times. They still don't neccessarily buy.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

11 Watching??

I am sure she is referring to out how some listings show the amount of watchers on the search result page in red or in the listing above the postage options. You also see sold and a % off as well or occasionaly limited quantity on the listing page.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply