150 Free Listings warning

I have been very smug for the past few months and have been regularly receiving these listings (2664 - 16/10-25/10)).

I started listing on 16th and I noticed that first few came off my regular 40 monthly freebies which doesn't usually happen..   Then today I noticed that I was being charged $1.50 for each item .... checked my page and it still showed 150 available and 0 used BUT when I looked closer it was in reverse ..... showing I had actually used 150 and 0 left . Man Surprised

I have contacted eBay, and it is a glitch and have been told to contact after 25th and they will refund all items I list.

I thought I should mention this on this page, in case someone elses is merrily listing and being charged..

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: 150 Free Listings warning

Hi, can you share the link please for the free listings

Message 2 of 22
Latest reply

It's the same one that's been coming up for ages now .... hope you can use it 

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/promo/2664

Message 3 of 22
Latest reply

Hi, tried but invitation only. Was worth trying anyway thanks, sometimes they work.

Message 4 of 22
Latest reply

I accepted the 150 free listings from 18-27 October and noticed that it said that I had 150 free listings with 80 used and 70 active.  I also contacted ebay customer service and was advised to list the 80 used and they will refund me after the 27th (after the free period has ended for listing fees).

Message 5 of 22
Latest reply

The 'funny' part with me was that when I saw the 150 and 0 figures, I assumed there were 150 available ... but it was in reverse Woman Happy

Never mind,  eBay are always helpful in these situations.

Message 6 of 22
Latest reply

With that particular promotion, free relists will come off the total, so if you've had any items automatically relist since you accepted, that's why you'd be seeing extra used up.

Message 7 of 22
Latest reply

Yes that's right ..... It has always taken off the auto re-listings, but in this case it just appeared as 150 used and 0 left (2 days before the promotion started)   .... eBay said it was an error on their behalf. 

So fortunately, they are not taking the re-lists into consideration, and will refund any new listings.  In one way, it's lucky, as I will only have new listings counted .... they confirmed this when I rang.

Message 8 of 22
Latest reply

Sorry tippy, ... I realise now that your response was to 'patterncove' and maybe she'd had 80 relists.

Message 9 of 22
Latest reply

@dotm2004 wrote:

I have been very smug for the past few months and have been regularly receiving these listings (2664 - 16/10-25/10)).

I started listing on 16th and I noticed that first few came off my regular 40 monthly freebies which doesn't usually happen..   Then today I noticed that I was being charged $1.50 for each item .... checked my page and it still showed 150 available and 0 used BUT when I looked closer it was in reverse ..... showing I had actually used 150 and 0 left . Man Surprised

I have contacted eBay, and it is a glitch and have been told to contact after 25th and they will refund all items I list.

I thought I should mention this on this page, in case someone elses is merrily listing and being charged..

I doubt it because you are the only one that seems to be able to get it to work every month without fail. Maybe it was eBay's way of saying there has been a glitch, but the glitch was you getting the same promotion month in month out? ๐Ÿ˜„

I'm actually surprised they keep refunding you because even though this is a new issue, you've previously called with the same issue repeatedly, therefore knowing it's a glitch that isn't going away. Still, if they're stupid enough to keep doing it, who am I to argue about someone capitalising on it?! Plenty would.

Message 10 of 22
Latest reply