150 free listings?????????????????????

I got an email today offering 150 free listings until 12th May, this was sent to a new ID I set up last week. It said as I had been selling a lot here is a reward. This ID has sold nothing and is resticted to 30 listings per month??????????????????? What the hell good are 150 listings goping to do for me??????????????????

And this is after they said on Thursday they would not increase my limit because I was breaking Ebay rules.

I tried to get them on my other ID's and, of course, it was by invitation only.

Anyone got a brick wall I can borrow?

Message 1 of 48
Latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

Re: 150 free listings?????????????????????

when you start a new account you do get a warning saying you are not permitted to sell identical items across both ID's. just change the headings to get around that though.
Message 11 of 48
Latest reply

@harley_babes_hoard wrote:
when you start a new account you do get a warning saying you are not permitted to sell identical items across both ID's. just change the headings to get around that though.

A bit different to similar types.

I sell books on all my accounts, just not the same ones.

Message 12 of 48
Latest reply

Could you PLEASE PLEASE upload that link 

May or maynot work on Non Store ID's

Message 13 of 48
Latest reply

As we've all been asking don't tease us! - please post the link in your web bar after you've accepted it.

It may not show you have 150 until you post the first one, then down the bottom it will show 149 left....depending of course when the promo starts. thank you!

Message 14 of 48
Latest reply

As I said earlier, I do not know how to post a link. Unless someone else either does it or shows me how I cant help.

On the other subject, when I asked Ebay to up my limit I tried to explain I wanted to get a new user ID established with some good feedback and then convert it to a store. I literally have 1000's of items to list of all sorts but the Customer service? rep simply told me I could not do it, I was breaking Ebay rules and he threatened to suspend my accounts. I went straight back to my new ID and cancelled all of the 30 listings I had started for fear of losing the lot. I really dont know where I stand with it now. 

Message 15 of 48
Latest reply

If you click on the link to accept the Free Listings copy the address that shows up at the top of the page showing the link should be something like 150 Free Listings and 4 digit number then paste this link to a message on thsi post.

Hope this makes sense and thanks once again for the head up re the Freebies greatly apprecaited
Message 16 of 48
Latest reply

Message 17 of 48
Latest reply

Told definately cannot sell same items on two accounts eg upto three free listings does not happen on two accounts 

Message 18 of 48
Latest reply

@alpescene20 wrote:

Told definately cannot sell same items on two accounts eg upto three free listings does not happen on two accounts 

I am not sure what three free listings has to do with it ?   I don't get them on any account as some of my IDs are listed as business accounts, so I do not have access to the relists even on my personal accounts as my accounts are linked, including a number where I sell similar types of goods.

If you want to list similar types of goods on a second selling account and are not confident based on your prior conversation with that eBay representative - ring again and request to speak to supervisor as you believe you may have been told incorrect information.

As long as you do not list IDENTICAL items or do not have very restrictive selling limits on your existing seller ID, I think it is worth a second go to get the correct information.

Message 19 of 48
Latest reply

@helenm777 wrote:

Could you PLEASE PLEASE upload that link 

May or maynot work on Non Store ID's

It is strictly invitation only, as was mentioned by the OP when they tried to accept it on their main selling account. If they couldn't get it to work on their own account due to it being strictly invitation only, then it's not going to work for anyone else. Invitation only means invitation only. You have to get the email attached to that account. No email, no freebies.

Message 20 of 48
Latest reply