2nd item postage discount

Customer paid for 1 listing plus posting and wants to buy  a seperate item and combine 2nd item into 1st postage so free of postage charge. How do I  list 2nd item?….
Just list free postage and when  sending, use 1st tracking number? Or put free  to collect and combine?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Usually buyers should buy both items and then ask for a combined postage invoice, but if the buyer has already paid for the first item, yes, listing the second item as free postage and then combine postage should work out. Just make sure somebody else doesn't buy the item before that buyer. Maybe you can add "reserved for...". Sometimes I see that.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

if the item is already listed -  tell the buyer to buy the item but not to pay until you can send an invoice.   When you send an invoice you can adjust the postage accordingly.

Do not list it with "free postage"  because  somebody else might buy it and expect free postage.

If the item is not listed - make a special listing for xx as suggested.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Usually buyers should buy both items and then ask for a combined postage invoice, but if the buyer has already paid for the first item, yes, listing the second item as free postage and then combine postage should work out. Just make sure somebody else doesn't buy the item before that buyer. Maybe you can add "reserved for...". Sometimes I see that.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I've done that a few times...putting Order For  and then putting in the person's eBay Id in the title.

So far so good... it has worked!

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

if the item is already listed -  tell the buyer to buy the item but not to pay until you can send an invoice.   When you send an invoice you can adjust the postage accordingly.

Do not list it with "free postage"  because  somebody else might buy it and expect free postage.

If the item is not listed - make a special listing for xx as suggested.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Thank you

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply