3 photos?

do three photos really improve sales?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

3 photos?

cq_tech
Community Member
As opposed to one? Of course. It's only common sense. Ideally, given that eBay allow up to 12 images at no charge, you should use as many as are necessary to give prospective buyers the best possible idea of what the item looks like, its flaws (if any) and its good points. As your photos provide a substantial part of your item's description, why wouldn't you take as many as possible to show it in its best light?
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

3 photos?

No it's just the usual eBay spin. If you had 12 then they would be telling you to change your item title to sell more, just ignore it. Use as many photos as you want.
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

3 photos?

I would expect at least 3 photos of the kind of items you are selling

close ups of the faces, detail of costume etcetc....

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

3 photos?

Hi connydeylen, I just had a look at your items, and with the zoom I can clearly see that they look great.  

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

3 photos?

With some items more than one photo is defintiely better, but there are other items where it really isn't necessary to have more than one.  If you are like me  and those constant nagging messages annoy you, just upload the same pic three times and the message will go away.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

3 photos?

Depends on the item and it's value. For example, I sell clothes. I only take one photo of baby onesies, not much to show there, but I will take 5 or 6 of an expensive dress or pair of jeans.

For your particular items, you might give an image of the back, and an image of the stitching close up. But, I don't think it would make too much difference for you. 

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

3 photos?

Thank you for your comments. Because our items are usually only $20 plus I think one photo is enough (especially with the zoom option). We also make larger more expensive items and thats when we  provide back/front/side/closeup photos

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

3 photos?

I sell a lot of DVDs and there is absolutely no point whatsoever in taking anymore than 2 images, one each of the front and rear of the DVD. Fortunately, eBay were only sending me warning messages if I posted just one image. Apparently they consider 2 to be OK, so now I don't receive their warnings any more.
Message 9 of 9
Latest reply