$9 USA Security Charge

This has probably been asked before but I can't find any topics that answer my question..
I recently had a purchase from a US buyer (item was over 700 g) and unfortunately the $9 security charge was not added to the postage cost. The buyer paid immediately with Pay Pal and I am left with a payment which is $9 short. I called ebay to try and find out why their postage calculator is not adding the security charge and they were not helpful at all, could not give me an answer. I asked to raise a technical ticket but have no idea how long it will take them to get back to me. In the meantime I can't imagine what I should do to fix this. I have over 200 listings - do I start modifying all of them to remove US from the list? Contacting people after they purchased and asking for an additional payment is sure to tick them off - great way of getting a neg feedback.

Am I missing something? Has anyone else experienced this?

Message 1 of 53
Latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

Re: $9 USA Security Charge

Oh !.........

Abolished now.

Would have been nice to know about that.

I never saw an announcement or anything.

Is there a reference/link ?

Message 51 of 53
Latest reply

Oh !.........

Abolished now.

Would have been nice to know about that.

I never saw an announcement or anything.

Is there a reference/link ?

yes, announced on australia post site

link:

http://auspost.com.au/about-us/price-service-changes-5-november-2012.html

Removal of US Aviation Surcharge The US Aviation surcharge of $9 has been removed, effective immediately. The surcharge was introduced in November 2010 to assist with the recovery of additional screening and handling requirements that were necessary to comply with heightened border protection and increased aviation security measures introduced by the US Transport Security Administration.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 52 of 53
Latest reply

yes, thank goodness alright. It was a pain in the neck that 9 dollar thing. Obviously it became a pain in the neck for those who instigated it...amazing. A fee removed ... wonders will never cease...

Message 53 of 53
Latest reply