A New Way To Get Goods Free From eBay Seller!!! Any one can help?

One buyer ordered an aquarium filter from me and paid total $127.75 via PayPal. I check everything inside the box to make sure no any parts missing before I post out. However, this buyer still complains there is "two valves missing".

Base on my previous bad experiences, I know if I satisfy this buyer, then, he may tell me "I also found there is no filter media inside the box" etc. Therefore, I choice end of dealing with him to asking "return for a refund". Because some of those kind of bad buyers will not go on by keep item till PayPal dispute ends at seller's favour.

However, this buyer is "clever", he return a half sized box by COD (I need pay the postage and service fee). It is very clear, the original plastic made filter can't fit into small size box, and buyer needs pay the return postage under PayPal policy. So, I reject this parcel and Australia Post returned it back to sender in original.

But PayPay's decision is "After careful consideration of the evidence provided in the case detailed
below, we have completed our investigation and decided in favour of the
buyer. Under terms of our User Agreement, we have debited the following
amount from your PayPal account as a refund to the buyer: $127.75 AUD".

Of course, as a seller, I want to appeal this case. However, the appeal page showed 3 options, none of them are suit for this case:

The outcome of this claim was determined using the methods specified in the PayPal User Agreement. If you wish to appeal this decision, please complete one of the following options within 15 days of case closure:

1. I can provide tracking information.
2. The buyer has already been refunded and I can provide proof of the previous refund.
3. The item was returned but not in the same condition as when it was sent (item was returned not in original condition).

Thank you for your cooperation. PayPal will evaluate any appeals but does not guarantee a reversal of the decision.

As a seller, how to appreal this case? Because I didn't receive the returned parcel.

Any one can help? Thank you very much.

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: A New Way To Get Goods Free From eBay Seller!!! Any one can help?

Hiya,i sympathise with your problems with online shoplifters.

I don't know if you have seen this anywhere else,but when you add your response to fb add their user id,like "xxx(user id)wanted more than they paid for". Your responses are currently just for some nameless random eBayer & i can't snoop at their id to see if they are a serial neg leaver or not.

That way a buyer can have a look at the dodgy buyer's fb & judge for themselves & also this way you can call out the anonymous buyer for their bad behavoiur.

Handy also for other sellers to see & add to their BBL if they wish.

I have bought stuff from sellers with a bit of bad fb if i think most of it is probably bs.I especially hate the ones that call sellers liars,theives etc.I tend not to believe their nasty fb.

Message 21 of 26
Latest reply

I too have bought from plenty of sellers with negative feedbacks. Most of the time as a buyer, you can tell when it's just been a difficult buyer that has left the neg. There has only been one I didn't buy from because there were more negs than positives and they were all that the item was never sent, rather than not arrived.

I also appreciate when sellers name the buyer in their reply to the feedback because then you can tell whether it's something the buyer does regularly.

Message 22 of 26
Latest reply

eBay feedback is eBay specific. But the recent feedback policies attract and encourage some people be a "difficult buyers" to try to get more than they paid.

eBay is a big flea market in real, the difference is that there is a "customer feedbak board" behined every sellers.

How to avoid to get a bad seller lable from the difficutly buyers?

I study my market competitor's store, but I got no ideas on how they can selling 1/3 or 1/4 costs low quality products at similar price of mine, but no troubles from their buyers?!

Ripping off 90% unknown buyers to satisfy 10% difficult buyers in 45 days buyer protection period? After that, buyers can do nothing, because the Fair Trading do not accept complain online private seller's case?

And I found those difficult buyers are "very smart buyers", they always come back to my store again by use other eBay IDs. Although I try to push them to there. They don't waste time and money to the lower quality products seller!

Nothing serious, just shopping and selling on eBay for fun.

Message 23 of 26
Latest reply

@aquacor wrote:

Then, this buyer reply say: He received pump in a pump box that wrapped by black plastic.

Done. It's is the evidence to prove that he is a lair. I told PayPal to let PayPal check this buyer's evidence of the packing box's post label. In final, I won this dispute. However, I got two negative feedback. eBay say: it's buyer complain your service, not "missing pump", so ebay can't remove them.

If you are new to my eBay store, will you buy goods after you see these negative feedback?

Is this my bad service problem? How I can supply a good service to this kind of buyer to gain a good service?

And there are another two negative feedback from one bad buyer. He didn't return any of his described "Chinese rubbish pump and filter" back to me for a refund till PayPal dispute auto close. In fact, he wants more discount after he receive the parcel. I refused.

A few years ago, this kind of untrue negative feedback can be removed by eBay. and if item is return and refunded, negative feedback also can removed by eBay. But not now.

If you win a Paypal dispute the negatives can and should be removed by eBay.

It is in your interests to follow up with eBay and insist they are removed in line with their policy.

If an item has been returned and refunded then no, you can not get the negatives removed in this case. 

Message 24 of 26
Latest reply

thecatspjs wrote: 

If you win a Paypal dispute the negatives can and should be removed by eBay.

It is in your interests to follow up with eBay and insist they are removed in line with their policy.

AquaCor reply:

eBay say: NO. It can not be removed. Because buyer have rights to write negative feedback for seller for products and service they received. And this ebay decison is final.

Therefore, every eBay staffs have their own ideas and policy explaining rights, and if they reject your request, they must can find one "suitable policy" for your case.

Just selling and buying on eBay for fun.

Message 25 of 26
Latest reply

3 things happened on 30/6:

1. One customer bring back one faulty CM 10000 pump to my warehouse in the afternoon. He says I lost receipt, but I am sure this pump is under 1 year warranty time. I hope I can get a new pump free.

I said to him, no receipt, no worries. Because every pump I sold with a punching mark and use special mark pen wrote the post date. I checked his pump, the post date is 4/8/13. So, I told him, the pump is still under warranty period. But I need check inside to see if you use the pump in right way or not. I opened the pump and I found inside looks clean, but on the corner, there is green sludge. Clearly, the buyer did washing the pump inside before bring it back.

Then, I told to him, look the sludge around inside corner, tell me honestly please, is this pump was used in the green fish pond and you never do cleaning? are you just clean inside before you coming for warranty purpose? His face turns to red, and explain to me say: yes.

Then, I told him that my listing says warranty condition: you need clean inside the pump when it is dirty, and this pump can't use in the green algae fish pond. And I have many friends in Sydney who use same model pump on right way for 3 years, still runing well, Also, this pump already let you saved total $350 on your electricity bill. But I only make $10 net profit on average each pump sold.

He stop me and say: I buy another new pump. How much? I reply: Good, I like deal with honest and understand person. the pump is $130, but I give you my landing cost $70 plus another one year warranty. He feels very happy.

2. Receive another negative feedback: After I compare this model, It's a old model and higher then new model price, ?

This buyer never contact me, but I found his name is HongKong people's name. He more likely is my ebay competitor's friend or staff. This competitor always arrange the cheapest Jebao entry level Eco pump, and then, describe his FM and TM model Jebao Eco pump is much better than my CM model pump to cheating unknow buyers to buy from his store.

I found his misleading sale 2 weeks ago, and I added information on my listing to let people check the world biggest online shopping mall: taobao dot com by search the lowest selling price difference for Jebao TM 10000 and CM 10000 pump. CM is 35% higher than TM. And China seller wrote: TM model eco pump is Jebao entry level eco pump.

His sales go dow after I add this information on my listing, then, I got this negative feedback. This feedback is try to misleading others. New model do not mean is expansive than old model. And for Jebao pumps, the model number is for pump outside shape.

I don't know if ebay can remove it?

3. A buyer returned outside looks clean (washed and marked date is removed), but inside is full of sludge pump a week ago. I took the photo and email this buyer to expalin why it can't get warranty: damaged by use it as a waste water pump, also, removed marked date that I am not able to identify the pump sold and post date. He argue with me via emails.

And today he email me say:

If you're going to be rude to a customer that has bought many items from you in the past and not honor the 12 month warranty as started then I will take this matter futher with the office of fair trading and ebay and show them your so called 'Warranty Condition' advertisement and that you are not willing to give a replacement due to faulty pump after less than 9 months of use.

There are many fish forums in Australia and what better way to tell everyone my bad experience with this so called false advertising of 12 months warranty, a happy customer tells a few ppl but a unhappy ripped off one will tell thousands

Then, I reply:  can you tell me your ebay user ID first? Your ebay ID: seems to suspended by ebay. Is this true?

He reply say: You're talking **bleep**, more like you wanna block me on ebay like the way you blocked my friend and other unhappy buyers cos he/they asked you a question about his faulty pump.

You have 24hrs to sort this issue out

This buyer is from Perth, and I really have few of Vietmanese customers (should be his friends) who do dodgy warranty in Perth (sent old pump as new pump for warranty) before, and I add them to my ebay buyer block list one by one. However, from this email, you can see that I won't able to block them come back again and again by use other ebay IDs.

If my pumps are rubbish quality or I am not do honest warranty as they said, why they come back again and again?

Selling and buying on ebay for fun....

Message 26 of 26
Latest reply