A.P. in trouble again

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: A.P. in trouble again

@danieh_6 wrote:

What does it matter,  *sons_n_daughters* has paid for a service and insured it and you are claiming it a dishonest? The buyer can still file a chargeback with the back or PayPal and they would still be out of pocket and they are purely that didn't happen . Australia post did not provide a service "a tracked service" when paid for must show delivery.  Under Australian consumer law "If businesses can’t supply a product or service that a consumer has paid for, on time or within a reasonable time, then the business must provide a solution."

Re read my post. I know the buyer received the item because they sent me a message. I decided to make a claim, purely to see if it would go through. I was fully expecting AP to say, oh no, we have proof the item has been delivered, despite what you can see in the online tracking. I was very surprised when they approved the claim. VERY surprised. 

It's not something I would have normally done, and no, if it happens again, I certainly won't be doing it again, because I'm not normally that person. It was a one off. I felt quite guilty when they approved the claim. 

I agree with Sugar in that if something arrives damaged, then AP needs to see it, otherwise every second person would be putting in a claim and expecting compensation. I had an item arrived smashed. The silly seller had put crockery plates in a satchel, with a sheet of paper between them. No bubble wrap, no nothing. Just a sheet of paper. I didn't claim through AP because it wasn't their fault. Thankfully the seller fully refunded when I sent a photo. I was concerned because the AP handlers could have been injured.

Message 21 of 27
Latest reply

@danieh_6 wrote:

What does it matter,  *sons_n_daughters* has paid for a service and insured it and you are claiming it a dishonest? The buyer can still file a chargeback with the back or PayPal and they would still be out of pocket and they are purely that didn't happen . Australia post did not provide a service "a tracked service" when paid for must show delivery.  Under Australian consumer law "If businesses can’t supply a product or service that a consumer has paid for, on time or within a reasonable time, then the business must provide a solution."

Ah maybe read the post,  son and daughters admits it was dishonest,  not me.

The only thing australia post failed to do in this instance was provide tracking,   which maybe (just maybe),  you could argue they should refund the postage charge (thats a long bow),  but why should they compensate for a product which they actually did deliver,  and then the compensation was the full value of the product.

Message 22 of 27
Latest reply

This is why it would be for use by business sellers who would not risk losing their account over a few dollars. 

Message 23 of 27
Latest reply

Ths is why it would only suit business customers. Currently the buyer has to leave the damaged item with the post office and wait a few weeks for them to make a decision. Try telling a customer to wait while they may need that item for another customer to complete a job. 

I sent a box of ten items factory sealed, box has been dropped on one side damaging one of the items on the end. Customer needs a replacement for the damaged one but also needs the others for customer jobs. Aust post saves money and I increase the price for future customers to pay for the loss of sending a replacement. In future I will use a courier but the advantage of using Aust post was it would show the postage price instead of freight.

Message 24 of 27
Latest reply

@brickworksmarket wrote:

Ths is why it would only suit business customers. Currently the buyer has to leave the damaged item with the post office and wait a few weeks for them to make a decision. Try telling a customer to wait while they may need that item for another customer to complete a job. 

I sent a box of ten items factory sealed, box has been dropped on one side damaging one of the items on the end. Customer needs a replacement for the damaged one but also needs the others for customer jobs. Aust post saves money and I increase the price for future customers to pay for the loss of sending a replacement. In future I will use a courier but the advantage of using Aust post was it would show the postage price instead of freight.

And you don't think couriers damage parcels as well?

Obviuously if it was damaged it wasnt packed to well either, 

Message 25 of 27
Latest reply

Good luck with the couriers. I have personally seen several courier drivers drop kick sensitive medical equipment into the back of their van. I reported them and they lost their job. A different company, I saw them playing soccer with similar equipment. They are no longer employed by that company either.

While I may not be a business in the sense of owning a business, I am an Aust Post Business customer. It means I can qualify for postage discounts if I post more than X items a month.

Why would it only suit business customers? The item is still damaged. Doesn't mean the business seller has another one to replace it. 

Message 26 of 27
Latest reply

Business customers only claim the wholesale invoice cost for a damaged item so the value can be low and not worth the time in pursuing low value items. I have one now where my cost is so low I would not claim for the item but if I could cover the cost of sending a replacement that would help. 

Message 27 of 27
Latest reply