A brand new Australia Post parcel black hole

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

It's anti-discrimination at work.

It would look bad to discriminate against Queenslanders by having a sorting centre that worked, when NSW and VIC don't.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

image host
Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Yeah it is pathetic.

They do not even respond when you open an inquiry as to what happened to a parcel.

Will be complaining to my local Fed member so I can be ignored from a higher level.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Will be complaining to my local Fed member so I can be ignored from a higher level.

Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL (At this rate I will run out of lol's)

image host
Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

If the 'Gubment' ever floated Australia Post I would be lining up to buy shares.  Nothing like investing in a monopoly. $ $ $ $

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

They're only a monopoly for letters, which they don't like delivering.

For parcels they compete with couriers; they just have a better distribution network than most.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Apparently it is practically in my back yard. Perhaps I shoud go knock on their door and ask for my lost parcel.

Looks like it is right on the Brisbane river:

https://www.ipswichfirst.com.au/australia-post-gives-look-inside-new-mega-parcel-sorting-centre-at-r...

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

just had my first request.... 'no scanning activity' since 01/11....satchel Adelaide to Brisbane
Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

I've just copped a neg as a result - item sent to FNQ on the 24th of October, delivered early this afternoon.

Admittedly, the buyer in question is a plank - first eBay transaction, zero feedback. Doesn't contact me to enquire about the item, leaves a neg complaining that I didn't contact him (my crystal ball is broken, and I'm waiting on parts...), then has the cheek to open an INR case AFTER the item is showing as delivered...

I normally hassle AP every two or three months over missing / late items; I've had to open half-a-dozen cases just in the last fortnight or so. And yes, two or three were QLD destinations, but that doesn't explain the item ping-ponging between Melbourne and Sydney, and the item lost while travelling between 3073 and 3089...

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply