A buyer saying his parcel didn't turn up despite showing delivered

bmanly3
Community Member

Hi, last month I got a sale and was delivered to the address shown on ebay. Today the buyer said he had it addressed to his friend as a present and did not receive it. Tracking says delivered. The buyer gave me positive feedback already saying that when he saw on tracking that it was delivered he gave it to me. Now he is asking if I have proof of who signed for it. It is getting to that 30 day limit and I feel as though this could be a scam. Does Aust Post even show a signature if I contact them?

What should I do now? How can I protect myself?

Message 1 of 47
Latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Once the item is delivered it is up to the buyer to follow up with Australia Post.   You could ask him to raise a query with them.

On the other hand, I see no reason why you couldn't lodge a query yourself - I have found them very helpful in supplying photos and signatures.

Message 2 of 47
Latest reply

I'm not getting this.

The item was bought - sent with tracking to the address given in eBay - delivered.

If the address was the address given in eBay - it has to be the buyer's address - where did he give his friend''s address. ?

Message 3 of 47
Latest reply

you can change the address at checkout

Message 4 of 47
Latest reply

The buyer bought it for a friend and entered his friends name and address in ebay and it is clearly on the order details, postage name and address of the friend. Now the friend claims it wasn't delivered so the buyer is chasing it up with me. 

I called Aust Post, they say it was delivered to the address but they have opened an investigation anyway. The delivery address is a unit block. AP said, even the postie can sign for as per CV - 19 rules which are still in effect. So I got a case number now.

So where to from here?

Message 5 of 47
Latest reply

you've done all you can....up to buyer/ebay now

Message 6 of 47
Latest reply

Thank you Twyn - didn't realise that.

I'd say the ball is entirely in the buyer's court - sent to the address given - marked delivered - should be end of for the seller.

Message 7 of 47
Latest reply

What should I say in a message to the buyer as he has asked for who signed for it? AP has said it will take up to 10 business days to do the investigation and can not supply that now. Should I send him photos of the package, article lodgement? I have never been in this situation before.

Message 8 of 47
Latest reply

You’ve done your part, now let the buyer follow it up. 
If a claim for INR is opened, I believe you have enough evidence to prove it was sent, and received.  
Neither you nor AP can be responsible for thieves, or lying buyers😉😉

( I’m definitely not saying that THIS buyer was lying)…. (But there are some who have no integrity!) 

Good luck. 

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 9 of 47
Latest reply

send the buyer the message that A.P. sent you.....then WAIT

Message 10 of 47
Latest reply