A buyer tells me he's added 5 of my items to his cart and wants an invoice. How do I find his cart?

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

A buyer tells me he's added 5 of my items to his cart and wants an invoice. How do I find his cart?

You can't access their cart, the buyer needs to tell you what items they have got in it.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

So does the buyer need to send me a 'request for invoice' from his cart? That's what I've told him, so hopefully it's correct.

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

Yes, there will be a "request total" icon at the top of their cart.

Capture.PNG

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

He has to commit to buy first before you can send an invoice.

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

Not always - either commit to buy or request total from his cart, either will work if available.
Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

I have always found that if there is more than one item in the cart the request total will not work until you purchase the items.

You live and learn....ebay is always fiddling with various functions.

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

I find it varies with carts on eBay. Sometimes the buyer has to purchase each item immediately and pay repeatedly for postage. I experienced this recently as a buyer myself. The seller told me to just pay for each one and that he'd pay me back the excess postage. he had to be reminded to do this days later, and even then he ripped me off on it.

It seems the performance of carts is affected by which app or device the buyer is using, and it has problems working between countries.

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

The worst thing about carts is I've lost sales where the buyer is required to pay for each item + postage before they can proceed. So they give up. I've also given up as a buyer myself when faced with same thing. It always happens when I try to buy multiples from UK sellers, for example.

And I most certainly do not have 'require immediate payment' checked as a seller, so I have no idea why it still happens -- other than it being dependent on the app/device buyers are using.

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

I have always found that if there is more than one item in the cart the request total will not work until you purchase the items.

You live and learn....ebay is always fiddling with various functions.

Could possibly be a difference between the app and desktop. Given that I rarely buy, I would love to put this to the test, list 3 items at $1 each and get one of you to put them in your cart etc. 

Just make sure you leave me positive feedback if it works ๐Ÿ˜‰

My thought is that it wouldn't allow it unless the buyer commits to buy, purely because we only invoice buyers after they have commited to buy. As far as having to pay immediately for each purchase, others mentioned, adding pick up option to each listing seems to solve that issue. I've been able to combine purchases onto the one invoice only now that I'm adding pick up to my listings

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply