A buyer tells me he's added 5 of my items to his cart and wants an invoice. How do I find his cart?

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

A buyer tells me he's added 5 of my items to his cart and wants an invoice. How do I find his cart?

Smiley LOL That puts paid to your supposition.....I don't use the app at all and I have not used a desktop computer in years....I only use a laptop now.

And I have never had the problem of immediate payment that a lot of members have reported.

Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Smiley LOL That puts paid to your supposition.....I don't use the app at all and I have not used a desktop computer in years....I only use a laptop now.

And I have never had the problem of immediate payment that a lot of members have reported.

No for desktop, I meant using full site. I work on my phone only but use desktop version. Interesting you haven't had that instant payment problem. I have. In fact it's been a nightmare at times and appears unprofessional to some buyers. A recent pick up, my buyer was doing everything right, trying to purchase without paying but couldn't. I then realised I hadn't ticked pick up as a payment option, corrected/edited the listing, but she still couldn't purchase without paying. Wasn't a problem with her, all went through okay, but I couldn't work out why that was happening. Perhaps my edit hadn't had time to be approved before she attempted to purchase again. No issues currently but only if I have pick up payment selected I think.

The problem is they make changes without us knowing, or chop and changes routine functions and as a seller who rarely buys, I'm in the dark with regard to how it works at the buyers end

Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

@11dustyattic wrote:

@lyndal1838 wrote:

No for desktop, I meant using full site. I work on my phone only but use desktop version. Interesting you haven't had that instant payment problem. I have. In fact it's been a nightmare at times and appears unprofessional to some buyers. A recent pick up, my buyer was doing everything right, trying to purchase without paying but couldn't. I then realised I hadn't ticked pick up as a payment option, corrected/edited the listing, but she still couldn't purchase without paying. Wasn't a problem with her, all went through okay, but I couldn't work out why that was happening. Perhaps my edit hadn't had time to be approved before she attempted to purchase again. No issues currently but only if I have pick up payment selected I think.

The problem is they make changes without us knowing, or chop and changes routine functions and as a seller who rarely buys, I'm in the dark with regard to how it works at the buyers end

I have pickup ticked on every single one of my listings. I don't know whether or not potential buyers are all using the app (not, according to Paypal), but the only way I've found to fix it is to get the (potential) buyer to give me a list. I then set up a listing for them.

Had it happen last week. Somebody wanted 32 books, and we agreed on the above method. Saved them about $20 which I wouldn't have refunded otherwise, as the extra fees would have been close to that.

Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

@11dustyattic wrote:

@lyndal1838 wrote:

I have pickup ticked on every single one of my listings. I don't know whether or not potential buyers are all using the app (not, according to Paypal), but the only way I've found to fix it is to get the (potential) buyer to give me a list. I then set up a listing for them.

Had it happen last week. Somebody wanted 32 books, and we agreed on the above method. Saved them about $20 which I wouldn't have refunded otherwise, as the extra fees would have been close to that.

Sorry, I'm not thinking straight, busy day today. The penny just dropped, I've been able to combine auction purchases. Haven't recently tested it with BIN. From what you say, sounds like it's still a pain. One of the reasons I've been running auctions while we have free listings, combining is easy 

Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

Buyers are able to buy as many of my auctions as they like, and then request an invoice when they are done buying. BIN, my buyers are FORCED into immediate payment, despite me not having that option ticked. It pishes me off because I believe I have lost sales because of it. It's eBay's doing, not mine. I have local pick up ticked, so that doesn't affect it at all. Buyers are still forced to pay immediately.

Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

Buyers are able to buy as many of my auctions as they like, and then request an invoice when they are done buying. BIN, my buyers are FORCED into immediate payment, despite me not having that option ticked. It pishes me off because I believe I have lost sales because of it. It's eBay's doing, not mine. I have local pick up ticked, so that doesn't affect it at all. Buyers are still forced to pay immediately.

Yes p##s's me off too. How lovely it would be to have my own website and not have to put up with this rubbish

Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

It's infuriating, for the sole purpose of increasing revenue for Ebay. They want to waste our time and rip as much money out of us as they can. So partial refunds are what they're hoping for so they keep the fees.

To be talking to them, me asking the question, how can I combine onto the one invoice (back a good few years), and have them lie through their teeth, pass me from dept to dept, trying to fob me off, was sickening. My questions became more direct and sharp in tone, until about an hour later they finally sheepishly admitted it was impossible. Wow. Just Wow. So that decision Ebay was probably one of your more stupid ones. Leeches

Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

To add, I have a stack of stuff here, same genre paper items, fair demand, multi purchases would be expected, was all ready to list, then remembered buyers wouldn't be able to combine ugh!

So I won't be able to sell them on here until they enable combined shipping, the way it is on every other website. They lose, I lose, buyers lose

Nice one Ebay

Message 18 of 20
Latest reply

Thanks everyone for your help. I never heard back from the buyer on this, so I guess he couldnt figure it out despite my instructions, and he just gave up. Most of the items were purchased by other buyers in the meantime anyway. I hate to think how many sales I miss because of this 'immediate payment required' BS that I specifically do NOT have enabled.

Message 19 of 20
Latest reply

@kustomizer99 wrote:

Thanks everyone for your help. I never heard back from the buyer on this, so I guess he couldnt figure it out despite my instructions, and he just gave up. Most of the items were purchased by other buyers in the meantime anyway. I hate to think how many sales I miss because of this 'immediate payment required' BS that I specifically do NOT have enabled.

Damn it sucks I share your pain. Can you tell me if you work on a phone (full desktop or app) or a computer? And by chance do you know what device your buyer was using?

They should enable it no matter what device we use but some feedback would be good

Message 20 of 20
Latest reply