A-failure post

Hi, Any other sellers have trouble getting insurance from A-failure post? I insured a item for $380 which was damaged in post & A-failure post wont pay!!!

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: A-failure post

Seems from what I'm reading here and other similar posts in the past that if you buy the insurance the only way you will get them to cough up is if the item is totaly lost and they are unable to track it down.

If we buy insurnace it is usually only when the parcel we are sending is large enough to be of reasonably high value so we insure against total loss. Since our things are soft and "squishy" they dont break in transit.

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

Great news !
Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

For an item not received claim the seller has to apply for compensation. For a damage claim the recipient has to either make the claim or fill in the part of the claim form which assigns the right to claim over to the sender so AP were perfectly within their rights to insist that the buyer provided proof they gave up any claim to a refund.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

@abmorgan_09 wrote:

Hi, After a complaint to the ombudsman & an email to auspost they have finally agreed to pay up. Was hard work though.

That's great news, and a pretty quick result too. Whether it be Australia Post, my telecommunications provider, or Paypal, I no longer waste time with those organisations' lackeys and go straight to the relevant Ombudsman and I've received satisfaction on every single occasion to date.

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

Abmorgan_09, thanks for your post. Parcel to go from Perth to regional Vic was going to cost $46.10 plus insurance. Thru mailman just $20.00 plus insurance of $1.50 which, is the same cost as Aust Post. Worth looking up if you send large parcels especially across Australia. Officeworks Mailman.com.au, it is very easy to read and understand. I just went down to my local Officeworks store and they showed me the lockers and how to use them etc. First parcel about to go with them, wish me luck.
Message 15 of 15
Latest reply