A question regarding what total sales figures include

Hi guys.

It tells me: Sales (last 12 months) at performance > summary, seller lever region global (at bottom). It gives a figure in US dollars. Does this amount include 10% gst? Is it my net sales minus postage, ebay fees, paypal or international only?

It gives me another payment at bottom of page (below the part it mentions i'm a top rated seller) of My account > seller dashboard and says Your sales to date in US $. Again, what do these figures include or withhold? Are there any ideas for calculating total net profit using this figure or the figure above to save time? 

At the bottom of the account > seller account page (where invoices can be displayed) it shows total seller fees – Are there any quick calculations here to figure out total sales by deducting all ebay related expenses? (of which I can further deduct myself other things like how much i spent on items, my consignment selling, petrol etc. separately). 

Thanks. 

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

For some reason, total sales has always shown a global USD$ figure.

The rest of my figures are in AUD$, so not sure why you say yours are in USD$.

I find the best way to work out figures is to run a comprehensive monthly report, which you can find on your Seller Hub/Tools/Reporting.

Once you run the report, you will see a Condensed breakdown of the month. If you click on "Expanded View", it will give you a summary of all the Ebay fees, PayPal etc. You can download a copy either version. Summaries excludes your store subscription though.

Personally I use an Excel spreadsheet to keep a monthly running tally of these reports. I also have another worksheet where I list all the things I buy for my shop, whether it be fabric, office supplies, etc.

I also keep a vehicle log book which you can get from Officeworks. In there, you can claim your total km's used purely for business. At the end of the financial year, I give that figure to my accountant and she works out the $$ that can be deducted.

Also, I believe you can only claim GST if your sales are above $75K.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

You have to be registered for GST to be able to claim it.

If not registered you can only claim it as an expense.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply