A tracking number is submitted for each ebay package. Are ebay's statistics sources guesswork?

I don't understand what ebay is doing! All of our packages are provided with a tracking number. Including packages sent overseas. 100% submit the tracking number the first time. Could you please tell me which package does not provide a tracking number? Please take it out and let us examine it together. Can ebay do the one thing it should do? instead of lying!

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

A tracking number is submitted for each ebay package. Are ebay's statistics sources guesswork?

This is a member to member forum

Nobody from eBay reads posts here and  fellow members are not able to do what you are asking

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

I send everything in either a regular envelope or a tracked envelope.  Items sent in regular envelope are not counted in Ebay's stats so I should have 100% compliance to Ebay's policy of 95% +

However my most recent 'scorecard' was 97%.

I use a zebra scanner which should be 100% accurate so I don't know where that 3% has gone.  An API error from Auspost would be my guess but I also would like to see the errors because one day this is going to dip below 95% which means problems.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

I always put a tracking number on every order, HOWEVER I have noticed that when I check archived orders The orders with more than one item have no tracking number on all the orders except the first one - in other words they have dropped off when archived.

I then edit & put in tracking number & carrier (again) & it usually updated, sometimes I have to do it 2 or 3 times.  So I would assume that that is where your untracked items may be coming from.

Just go into All Orders & than Archived & you'll be able to run your eye down & see if you have any untracked.

Hope this helps.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply