ABN for international selling

alsh_7878
Community Member

Hi I’m an Australian and I have been living in Italy for 1 year and I am now completing a coppia di fatto with my Italian partner and I will not be aloud to take a job contract for 3 months and I’d like to make money online. I have an Australian business number and many qualifications in the hairdressing industry so I’d like to start a small business selling educational videos and hair products and accessories in Australia while I am living here, I would also like to sell things here, is this at all possible to have an international business with my Australian business number while living in Italy

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Posting such a question on an eBay community board (aka a public board on which anyone can post) is not the appropriate or most helpful arena for your question.

I strongly suggest you talk through your ideas with your accountant - who is, after all, qualified to advise you and would be paid appropriately to give you professional advice and information.

As far as being paid for anything you sell on eBay is concerned, I’d recommend you read eBay’s Registering as a seller help page. You have to provide proof of identity to eBay to verify your ID. You must verify your Australian bank account. Funds will only be disbursed into that verified bank account. Given that you’re actually living overseas (and thus don’t have a residential address in Australia), that may be an issue. If you still have Australian bank accounts, I suggest you contact your bank to find out.

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Ok sorry I’ve googled absolutely everything and it has been incredibly hard for me to find this sort of information, I am looking for somebody who may have been in a similar position. My identity is disguised here and I’m just reaching out for any information, I have an Australian business and address as well as an Australian bank account but I am struggling to find people with the right information. Thanks for the response 

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

@alsh_7878 wrote:

Ok sorry I’ve googled absolutely everything and it has been incredibly hard for me to find this sort of information, I am looking for somebody who may have been in a similar position. My identity is disguised here and I’m just reaching out for any information, I have an Australian business and address as well as an Australian bank account but I am struggling to find people with the right information. Thanks for the response 

Countess has given you the best advice,  even if someone on this forum gave an answer to the complex question I would ignore it.

You need to talk to an accountant, both here and in Italy.   I would even suggest both tax offices as well.

As for google,  google does not provide legal or financial advise, it is a search engine,   and if you google one question you will get 52.5 different answers.   Talk to the professionals, not google or an Ebay forum.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

If your identity is in disguise, that suggests you are trying to do something dodgy or illegal.

No one here is going to help you break the law.

You must talk to a qualified professional and look for a legal way to achieve your wishes.

(I know that this advice will fall on deaf ears but I’ll give it anyway.)

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

I may be wrong but it appears to me that you are trying to defraud Tax Depts of 2 countries.  It was your choice to move to Italy and surely you checked out the working situation.  If not, maybe your Italian partner can support you.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

So what you are saying is any poster who uses a different username for the forums than their main original username is doing something dodgy. Here I was thinking it was so they could just type what ever **bleep** they can think of without others knowing their selling or buying accounts. 

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Everyone is ' in disguise ' here.

All payments would go into your Australian Bank account - verified by managed payments.

An ABN number - tax responsibilities.

What you intend to sell does not require postage - so that hurdle is not applicable.

Surely you can figure it out.

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Maybe read what the OP actually said for countess to reply with what she did

Before you twist things and make out her comment was something that it is'nt 

OP stated

'My identity is disguised here'

Nothing about having a selling ID different to their forum ID

As an Australian

returning from living overseas

and not allowed to work here at the moment

Please do tell how you get the OP is talking about having another forum user name from that?

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

@domino-710 wrote:

What you intend to sell does not require postage - so that hurdle is not applicable.

I'm confused how are they going to get the hair products and accessories to the buyers.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply