AP BX Box Question

I normally use my own second hand boxes to post, but I want to post something to my sister and don't have a box big enough. I always post over the counter, I don't use eBay or C&S labels. The BX boxes, are they flat rate to send up to a certain weight when posted over the counter? Or are they still cubed over 500g like other boxes?

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

AP BX Box Question

https://shop.auspost.com.au/product/large-mailing-box-bx4-90009m

This box can be coupled with the corresponding flat rate postage label for delivery anywhere in Australia. Flat rate postage labels are available online via your eBay account only. See the 'Postage labels' tab for more information. 

Note: Maximum weight for this box when coupled with flat rate postage is 5kg and maximum weight when coupled with assessed postage is 15kg.

I would say that unless you have a label it would NOT be flat rate postage. Pay by measure/weight.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

AP BX Box Question

I believe they are cubed if over 500g, I would usr the AP calculator to see how much it would cost to where you wanted it to go and see if it would be cheaper to put the box in a prepaid 3kg or 5kg satchel.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

AP BX Box Question

Thanks for that. It's not an eBay purchase, so would still be paying over the counter like I always do. In view of that, I might just wait until I get back to work on Friday and grab a box from there instead of paying for one.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

AP BX Box Question

Ahh yes, that's another option too. The few sales I have that are over 500g it usually works out cheaper to put it in a satchel (after packing in a box first). I didn't think of that option, thanks!

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

AP BX Box Question

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

Ahh yes, that's another option too. The few sales I have that are over 500g it usually works out cheaper to put it in a satchel (after packing in a box first). I didn't think of that option, thanks!

No problem, just send the flowers through Interflora Smiley Wink

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

AP BX Box Question

Working on Xmas day?

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

AP BX Box Question

i am going to lift my hat to you working on xmas day, you wont get a lot of agreement from me  but when its due i will give it.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

AP BX Box Question

@collect247 wrote:

Working on Xmas day?

Yup. Not everyone has the luxury of a 9-5 job 5 days a week. The world still ticks over outside of general office hours. Even Macca's is open Christmas Day I think. I guess some people prefer a big mac and fries for Christmas dinner rather than the traditional feast or BBQ.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

AP BX Box Question

@joethenuts wrote:

i am going to lift my hat to you working on xmas day, you wont get a lot of agreement from me  but when its due i will give it.

Thank you Joe. I also give thanks when it's due. It will be worth it in my pay packet. As will new years day (although I'm working new years eve too and if I happen to work overtime and be there all night I'll get new years day off...........but still get paid for it at public holiday rates).

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply