AP CD boxes

Can someone tell me if the little boxes which are 13 x 12 (i think they call them CD boxes) can they be sent as large letters?   I have one here but it does not fit through my letter gauge.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

AP CD boxes

AP CD mailers are designed to go as large letter rate and actually say so on the mailer.  Of course if you cram something in there that makes the mailer stretch to beyond 20mm, then a grumpy APO employerr may charge you parcel rate.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

AP CD boxes

hmm ok this one is a blank box so it might not be AP issue. It is empty and won't fit through my letter guage. Thanks I don't think I'll use it.
Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

AP CD boxes

There are 2 types of CD mailers.

1st is the flat CD mailer that can also have photos go into them which go as larger letter.

2nd is the CD mailer which holds the entire cd and cover which I have posted with as a large letter in the past.

But because of AP changes to pricing lately you're better off asking AP about it before you decide to use them. 

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

AP CD boxes

doesn't have to be an AP box for CD but does have to fit through the 2cm letter gauge - so no, don't use it.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

AP CD boxes

They do fit as they are less than 20mm thick

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

AP CD boxes

@collect247 wrote:

They do fit as they are less than 20mm thick

whatcha mean willis?.....  we are only talking about one particular little box that the OP has:  she  states I have one here but it does not fit through my letter gauge.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

AP CD boxes

Well the actual CD box/mailers are less than 20mm thick so will go as a large letter,I'm not sure what CD box OP is talking about then??? maybe an actual box that looks like a CD mailer???

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

AP CD boxes

Mailer (CD), Bx7 145 x 127 x 10mm Here is the size!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what ya talkin about Arnold??????????

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

AP CD boxes

@harley_babes_hoard wrote:

Can someone tell me if the little boxes which are 13 x 12 (i think they call them CD boxes) can they be sent as large letters?   I have one here but it does not fit through my letter gauge.

Quote from AP rep on AP facebook page to similar query

CD/DVDs with or without their jewel case can be sent as a 'large letter' providing the item presented for lodgement meets the Large Letter size requirements (no greater than 260x360x20mm and under 500g in weight). A Postpak CD Mailer would fall under the 'large letter' category.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply