AP parcels in a truck fire.

In case you have a parcel going to Nth. of Brisbane, it may have been destroyed.

https://www.9news.com.au/2018/11/14/14/56/australia-post-truck-bursts-into-flames-fire-central-queen...

image host
Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Phew!

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

This happened to some of my orders last year - I started getting messages from buyers that their items hadn't turned up.

After some investigation Aus Post realised that my items were on a contractor truck that had caught fire. My items were going from Perth to Queensland.

There must have been 4-5 items of mine on the truck and 2 were destroyed. Fortunately AP saved the rest and delivered them.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

AP needs to get a new fleet of trucks, or looking into the contractors carting the mail. There seems to have been a lot of truck fires over the last few years.

I think all my parcels have been delivered, so should be safe.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

I can't answer for Australia Post's own vehicles but they are pretty strict on contractor's vehicles.  They must be less than 5 years old and fully registered and insured....they inspect the papers every year.

Contractors also have to have full carriers insurance, usually organised through the principal contractor (in this case AP)

I doubt that AP's record of fires is any worse than the average throughout the trucking industry....it is just that it is more open to public scrutiny as so many people can be affected.

One AP vehicle fire can affect dozens of people but a truck fire when the load is for one company is not as widely publicised.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply