About large companies copying my product on ebay the product shape and colours

I just came a cross this long time member on EBAy has copied my product that i designed and they have copied the shape and even colours the same and this companies must be sending them straight from china to australia customers .that they sekll them on ebay,

Why is it that they can get away with things like this on ebay i will be talking to my lawyer about to see my rights

Plus why is it that companies can sell product that they are base in australia and the product is in china

Tell me why they can get away with it the large companies on ebay 

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@fishingsavertackle wrote:

Why is it that they can get away with things like this on ebay i will be talking to my lawyer about to see my rights

They can get away with it anywhere, in all reality, if they don't get discovered or pulled up on their activities.

Independent artists, designers, etc, are copied just as much as the well known brands and designer products - I see many that have found their own product images on sites like Alibaba because the Chinese sellers just pull the pics and then try to reproduce the product when it's ordered (this may also mean the other seller might not know where the design came from, then again they very well might).

Anyway, to know what your rights are, and what you can do to protect them, this site is a good start.

http://www.ipaustralia.gov.au/

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

aps1080
Community Member

What's the product ?

Not much you can do about it I'm afraid, even the biggest golf companies find that their new Drivers are copied

"within a week" and on the market.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I dont know much about the VERO program, but perhaps you can use that to initate an automatic "unauthorised/copyright/trademark infringment" noteice to the seller and eBay should automatically take down the items with easy.

And if you do it like 1 at a time.. Once a week on all their items. It should get them banned as well. As it will raised flags

Plus why is it that companies can sell product that they are base in australia and the product is in china

I sell my items internationaly as well. If we had that rule in place, my sales will go down by 70% and I won't like it too.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

I just came a cross this long time member on EBAy has copied my product that i designed and they have copied the shape and even colours the same and this companies must be sending them straight from china to australia customers .that they sekll them on ebay,

Tell me why they can get away with it the large companies on ebay 

Are you talking about this item?  #281475971141?

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply