Accepting a return MBG - Fees Back?

Hi Guys,

My second MBG return request. Fun times!

My first one I resolved without "accepting"  the return, this time I am considering accepting as I cannot replace the item

As I have never done this before (accepting via MBG) I have  acouple of questions that I have not found clear answers to.

1/ Do eBay and PayPal refund the sale fess if I "accept" the return and refund in full?

2/ I understand I will receive a defect for accepting. The defect system itself is quite new, does anyone know how long it will be with me? Is it from a fixed cycle or each one's own date IE 12 months?

Thanks team!

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Accepting a return MBG - Fees Back?

@rkxfamily wrote:

Hi Guys,

My second MBG return request. Fun times!

My first one I resolved without "accepting"  the return, this time I am considering accepting as I cannot replace the item

As I have never done this before (accepting via MBG) I have  acouple of questions that I have not found clear answers to.

1/ Do eBay and PayPal refund the sale fess if I "accept" the return and refund in full?

2/ I understand I will receive a defect for accepting. The defect system itself is quite new, does anyone know how long it will be with me? Is it from a fixed cycle or each one's own date IE 12 months?

Thanks team!

1/ No idea

2/ 12 months from transaction date

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Don't know if the info is in here - http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/news/money-back-details

image host
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I read that, thanks and then I went to here: http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/money-back-guarantee.html

On the second pass I noticed this, it seems they probably do refund the fees as:

"If a seller issues a buyer a full refund before we're asked to step in and help, we credit the seller's final value fee. Insertion fees and other eBay fees aren't refunded."

By the way,  saw about defects in the bit about seller performance:

"If the buyer closes the request (or it closes automatically), the defect will remain."

Which I had also to read rwice as I think that is unbeliveably unfair.

So a buyer can open a return request for _anything_ no matter how spurious, then later close it and defect will remain recorded?

Even if it is a misunderstanding? Even if the seller quickly resolves theit problem? Even if they did it maliciocously?

That is unbelieveable and ripe for abuse too.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Welcome to the current ebay where all sellers are defective and all buyers are angels and can do no wrong so long as they pay some money that ebay gets to keep a portion of.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply