Accidentally paid for shipping after buyer already paid for it.

Hi, I am new to eBay. I sold an item and buyer paid for it including shipping. I did not download the shipping slip from eBay web page. Instead I went out and posted item, and also payed for the shipping. eBay made 12% from the value of my item PLUS shipping fee. So, how to contact eBay for a refund on this amount?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

There us no refund due,  Ebay charges their fee/commission on the full sale price,   Read the T&C's

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

You are not entitled to any refund, the FVF applies to the total invoice including what you have charged the buyer for post.   How you choose to ship the item and the actual shipping cost is irrelevant

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Ok thank you both for your replies.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Ebay's fees always combine both item and postage.

Unless I am totally misunderstanding - the buyer paid for shipping as part of the transaction, so that amount (item+postage) will be your nett proceeds from the transaction that you will receive in your bank account. All you've done is use your money to pay for shipping, but you're not out of pocket since you will be getting that money from the buyer.

Unless you mean that you paid for a shipping label AS WELL as paying independently for the shipping, in which case you should get a refund on the label since it is unused.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Understood, thanks JBD.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply