Account restricted

stury-32
Community Member
Hi, why does my account continually get restricted when selling the exact same item as others, even when using sell similar to create the listing. Any help would be appreciated as this is effecting business.
Message 1 of 49
Latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

Re: Account restricted

Before using brand name text you need to have "for" "fits" or "compatible with" to avoid the restrictions. I sell items that fit Toyota and Subaru and they are quick to jump on any listings that are not correctly done. If you search listings you will see many sellers add these words before the brand name to avoid issues. 

I have found you may be able to bypass the 3 day restriction by editing your listings which i have found brings them back in to view. Unfortunatley I am unsure if this works straight away or after a day or so as I did not try it straight away. 

Message 41 of 49
Latest reply

Yes, you are selling fake airpods mate. Your images and words like "earbuds, iphone, samsung" will trigger it.

I suggest you cut your losses and move to another platform before you lose your account entirely. If you think they are wrong you can contact customer service or email the copyright holders; mrkt-apple@appdetex.com , ebox322@apple.com

Message 42 of 49
Latest reply

I disagree, you are selling parts for something, PARTS, not a copy of a product.

In my opinion there is a clear difference.
Message 43 of 49
Latest reply

The parts I sell are exact copies of the original part that look and perform the same as the original but at a cheaper price than the original from the car maker. I don't see the difference as long as you don't try and sell them as being original from the manufacturer but compatible with them. Also with no logos or brand names on them. 

Message 44 of 49
Latest reply

eBay considers your listing titles as keyword spamming, and an attempt to manipulate search results.

As eol-products has pointed out, you can't simply list brands like that, and need to relate it back to the item you're selling. Earphones and headphones aren't the same thing either, so drop whichever is incorrect.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 45 of 49
Latest reply

no, there is a difference between selling a complete product thats a complete knock off and a knock off part thats used to repair something. Repair is used for good, selling someone elses idea isnt
Message 46 of 49
Latest reply

A part is a complete product. It's using someone else's idea - the person/company who originally designed it and sells it with the original brand name.

A part made by someone else other than the original manufacturer is made exactly the same as the original and works exactly the same, otherwise it'd be useless. It may be made from inferior materials and won't last as long but otherwise it's exactly the same product.

Whether they're fakes or illegal copies being soldl, or whether it's the keyword spamming or other issues that's the problem, unless the OP changes their practices and stops breaking the rules they won't be able to sell them, end of story.
Message 47 of 49
Latest reply

No the point I'm making, there is a difference between selling a part that is useless by itself so that you can save something from going to landfill vs selling something that is a complete product that is a knock off NOT a part. Though I do agree both infringe copyright,I never said they don't. However this is a moral/ethical thing
Message 48 of 49
Latest reply

since when do you need PERMISSION to sell items from a BRAND or otherwise.

the VERO system is nothing more then a way for big players to try control small sellers with MISUSE of copyright law, most of which are not even local.

false vERO claims are not new... and eBay has done little about it to protect sellers.

it comes down to wording and not misleading the customer and fair use!

for example:

-the customer should not think you are the brand or represent the brand or its network.

-you can use picture and info, logos etc to represent the product for sale as long as its not misleading.

-adding something like โ€œprivate sale not affiliated with xyzโ€ may cover this.

oten the claims have weak foundation and they rely on compliance
Fight back against these false claims, because its misused often.

Helpful links

www.legislation.gov.au/Details/C2017C00180

www.copyright.com.au/about-copyright

www.copyright.org.au

FAIR USE:
www.alrc.gov.au/publication/copyright-and-the-digital-economy-dp-79/4-the-case-for-fair-use-in-austr...
Message 49 of 49
Latest reply