Adding an url to shop into listings

Following from a other post about changing urls in listings, I would like to know how to get an url in my listings in the first place.

www.ebay.com.au/colbook2014 

I can write it into descriptions but it doesn't change to blue to click.

What are the steps I take to insert the link?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

To do this you need to select the HTML tab when editing/entering the description field.

These links are done with a little bit of HTML code that looks like this.

<a href ="http://stores.ebay.com.au/A-B-C-Didi-Accessories">Visit My eBay Store: ABC Didi Accessories</a>

This is a link to our own ebay store so you will need to edit the bits to make it all point to your store.

So you would change the "A-B-C-Didi-Accessories" to your store URL name.

and the "ABC Didi Accessories" again to your store text name.

Once you save this the link will be a clickable URL link.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

I,ve got a small admission to make. Come 29/2/16 I decided it might be time to revise my new item listings to meet the URL requirments before they where deleted come 1/3/16. No point in rushing these things and I,ve never had any problems doing my christmas shopping at 7.30 pm christmas eve    Smiley Very Happy

Imagine my suprise when I found I had over 250 items to edit. Answer, bulk edit and they are alll " like new" now and no URL numbers. Sorry, but my care factor for ebays constant changes is pretty low at the moment.     Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

@colbook2014 wrote:

Following from a other post about changing urls in listings, I would like to know how to get an url in my listings in the first place.

www.ebay.com.au/colbook2014 

I can write it into descriptions but it doesn't change to blue to click.

What are the steps I take to insert the link?

stores.ebay.com.au/colbook2014 not www.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply