Adding facebook page to Ebay Listings

Tried to search for it throughout the forums but didn't find anything - also tried looking around to see if other people were doing it but either they're not, or I'm not seeing it.

Anyway, just wanted to ask people's opinions on whether it is OK to add a link to your facebook page within your EBay listings?

Any help appreciated ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Now that there are Facebook 'Like' buttons etc on listings, the policy is no links or even references to social network sites.

Info: http://pages2.ebay.com.au/Hub/May_2012_seller_changes/Boost_your_sales/Social_sharing

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

You can add links in line with this policy...

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/listing-links.html

Basically - the place that you link to cannot be somewhere that sells things. And you cannot link to social media sites, so I guess that means Facebook is a no-no.

Probably worth thinking about why on earth you'd want to link to your Facebook from Ebay.... Ebay is supposed to be for selling things, not as a way to advertise your FB page. I highkly doubt that buyers on eBay would be interested in your social networking.

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

Links to facebook in Item Descriptions are not permitted according to the Links Policy.

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/listing-links.html

Non-permitted links include, but are not limited to:

Links to websites or pages that offer to trade, sell or purchase goods or services outside of eBay. This applies whether it is a static URL or an active link.

Links to sites that solicit eBay User IDs, passwords or email addresses from buyers

Links that encourage buyers to place their eBay bids through a site other than eBay

Links or other connections to live chat systems

Links to videos hosted on other Web sites

Links to subscribe to newsletters or mailing lists hosted outside of eBay

QR Links

Links to social media sites

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

๐Ÿ˜„  Never mind me, I'm too slow.

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

Ebay is supposed to be for selling things, not as a way to advertise your FB page. I highkly doubt that buyers on eBay would be interested in your social networking.

Interaction with customers on social networking sites is huge. There's very good reasons why multi-million dollar corporations have FB profiles.

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

exactly - it'd be an easy way to update people on new products/etc

But looks like that idea is out the window... thanks everyone for your quick responses

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

I hate facebook but that aside while you cannot put your own link to facebook on ebay pages you can put a link to your ebay store on your facebook page.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

Is it allowed on your ME page?

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

exactly - it'd be an easy way to update people on new products/etc

But looks like that idea is out the window... thanks everyone for your quick responses

HUH?

Use Facebook to promote your products that you sell = good idea.

But why would people on ebay care about your facebook page?

You can use the like buttons to get them across onto FB and "be on the mailing list"... what else would you want?

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply