Adding postage to a sold item that was meant to be picked up

deblana
Community Member

Hi, I have just sold something that was listed to pick up (unless I was contacted otherwise, which I wasn't) and having contacted the buyer to ask when they wanted to pick up their goods, they have asked if I could post it.  I have given them a quote for postage so now they need to pay me for that before I can post.  How do I go about adding the cost of the postage so they can pay that amount?

I also have another (silly) person who has done the same thing as above but now wants to opt out and get a refund???.....

Thanks very much!

Deb

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Adding postage to a sold item that was meant to be picked up

If the buyer has paid, go into PayPal and send a funds request for the postage amount.

You will see their PayPal email in there.

If they haven't paid yet, select send invoice to the right of item in your sold list.

Then add the postage amount and DO NOT click recalculate.

Preview to check it and send.

To refund a buyer, go into PayPal and there is a refund button next to the transaction.

image host
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Click on send invoice in the dropdown to the right of the item. Add the postage cost and send. DO NOT hit recalculate.

Edited out the second part due to me not reading the message correctly.

Edit 2: Send the 2nd buyer a cancellation request and choose the buyer changed mind option. If they don't accept it, go back after 8-10 days and close it to get your fees back.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I suspect your listings allow postage, given that at least 2 buyers have chosen the option.

There are options to select in postage options to fix this.

I suspect buyer 2 is not the silly one. Or, at least, not the only silly one.

As you seem to have a history of buyers expecting you to post, look to yourself before blaming others.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Hi, You need to remove the Cash On Delivery (COD) option that you have on your listings.

This may be where some people are being confused.

This is an expensive Australia Post service.  You send the goods and buyer pays (plus a fee) on collection
of the parcel and Aust Post forward the money to you.

Barrie

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply