Additional category's no longer available?

ukorim
Community Member

Hiya's.

I used to be able to list in two different category's, but cant see the option either on list or revise form.

Has the option been taken away or is it only for store holders?, (non store holder here).

TIA

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Additional category's no longer available?

I'm pretty sure selling in two different categories is not available to all categories anymore, and that computers / electronics is one of them (at a guess, I would say it's primarily because there are significantly reduced fees for electroncs over $200 when the seller has a store, and it probably helps avoid miscategorisation etc to try and take advantage). 

Edited to add - there is nothing on eBay's help page that mentions category restrictions http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/sell/two-categories.html , but I also know you're not the first to find this issue with computers / electronics.

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

If I create a listing as you suggested, under the select a suitable category tab in the advanced tool (which is where I am assuming you are), it doesn't appear to give the option of a second category. However, under the suggested category tab, it does give the option of 2 categories. That said, the category can only go as far as computers>enterprise networking servers>servers and I'm not sure if the other category you want is in there.

I just inserted the word computer in the title.

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

Yes, seems to be the case, no additional cats in computers.

You can "trick it", (e.g. sugested category), but it won't let you choose another cat.

I have all these dresses now and no idea what to do with them :).

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

@ukorim wrote:

I have all these dresses now and no idea what to do with them :).

Well, you could wear them, donate them to charity, or you could sell them on eBay!!! bouncy smilie.gif

Seriously though, if you've made all these 'drafts', you should be able to just delete them.

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

Look on the bright side, think of all the fees you will save by only listing in one category.

Don't forget if any of the dresses are above ankle length you will have to shave your legs Smiley LOL

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 15 of 15
Latest reply