Additional category's no longer available?

ukorim
Community Member

Hiya's.

I used to be able to list in two different category's, but cant see the option either on list or revise form.

Has the option been taken away or is it only for store holders?, (non store holder here).

TIA

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Click on the change category link and at the bottom there is an option to add another catagory.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Tried that, no additional cat, only "See sample / change"

"Change" only gives "contunue" or "start over"

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Change cat link at bottom

Capture1.PNG

followed by

Capture2.PNG

link at the bottom

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

Good god, PJ's posting screen shots.

*insert incredulous cat face*

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

@ukorim wrote:

Tried that, no additional cat, only "See sample / change"

"Change" only gives "contunue" or "start over"

You might need to go into the 'advanced' selling page, for which the link is at the top right if you go into the change category. I couldn't see the option you were after in the standard selling page.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

I just clicked on sell and then entered dress in the box, chose the category and got the usual SYI form with the pictured linksm nothing advanced about it lol.

What is so remarkable about using screen shots, it isn't exactly the first time I have done it! Just not often I can be bothered to call up the snip tool and save the clips.

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

I just clicked on sell and then entered dress in the box, chose the category and got the usual SYI form with the pictured linksm nothing advanced about it lol.

What is so remarkable about using screen shots, it isn't exactly the first time I have done it! Just not often I can be bothered to call up the snip tool and save the clips.

Unfortunately, I'm not selling dresses.:)

Your additional category is indeed an option with your example "Clothing, Shoes, Accessories > Women's Clothing > Dresses "

I'm not getting the option with "Computers > Enterprise Networking, Servers > Server Components > Server Memory (RAM)"

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Standard selling tool, no option to select second category:

change category.jpg

Advanced selling tool, option to select second category:

change category1.jpg

OP, as I said in my last post, go into change category, then click 'switch to advanced tool' up the very top right of that screen. It probably means you have to start the listing again, as opposed to just revising it, but at least you will have the option of 2 categories. 

I took my screen shots by hitting revise in one of my current listings and when I switched to the advanced tool, it took me to the start screen where it asks you to to put in a title, hence my assumption you have to start the listing from scratch.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

Thanks for all your efforts.

I dont have a "switch to advanced tool", top right, left or anywhere, presumably its already advanced.

Also I can get additional categories in "Clothing, Shoes, Accessories > Women's Clothing > Dresses ", (although I'm more of a jeans guy myself:), and "Jewellery & Watches > Loose Gemstones", those cats are fine.

Random testing seems to be that no additional cats in the computer category, (random samples).

What happens if you try to list in the computer section, specifically "Computers > Enterprise Networking, Servers > Server Components > Server Memory (RAM)"?.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply