Advice on Selling Manager please

Just had advice from ebay if I opt for the free Selling Manager I will get back the free 3 relists I lost as a result of being a good ebayer. That did not make sense to me. And it would mean I was told that my classic page will change to the horrible new format page that I certainly did not like, and had to chage it back to the old format. I do not know if any of this is right as ebay customer service is known to give out wrong information at times. Anyone else heard if this is correct, and is anyone using Selling Manager please? ( not the Pro that has a free) Thanks.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I use SMP on my store account, SM on this and my other selling account. I get the auto-relists on all 3 accounts. The store turns over about 500 items pa and has about 1800fb.

I prefer the 'new' selling page, mainly because it is one page, and I can fill in fields while I'm waiting for pictures to load.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

dave, I think OP might mean seller hub rather than the listing page.

justcruising, I wouldn't trust that info but you can always try it and then go back if it doesn't work - assuming you CAN go back to the old format.
Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Thanks, trying it might be an idea. I just do not see if I am no longer entitled to get the free 3 relists option, yet if I get the free Selling Manager I will get them again. Ebay customer service was very confusing. 

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

They probably just say anything that they think might shut you up.
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Yes, ebay just told me anything!!! Phoned ebay again to try selling manager to get back the 3 free relists and found that was untrue and ebay customer service had given me false information earlier - they must have just misunderstood earlier of course I was told. 3 free relists are only for new and casual sellers. Funnily enough I have had them before 

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Quite a while ago there used to be something in their policies that stated if you sold more than $12K a year they'd make you a business seller, and that business sellers don't get the free relists.

Whether or not that's still the case or they've changed the 12K is anyone's guess. I've seen people comment in the forums that they've lost it and then when their sales have dropped they've got it back.
Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

The new and casual seller thing is a crock of carp. If you've earned more than $12K and 100 items, you lose the free relists. It's a running tally, so if next week you drop under the 12K you get them back until you go over again. That said, there are some sellers who have reported that they haven't earned more than 12K, haven't changed their status to business seller, yet have still lost them.

I sometimes see them disappear. They generally reappear by the next day. If not, revising on the app generally gets it back. I am far from being a new or casual seller.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

if they owe you 3 free listing just list the items and ring /contact them and get them to remove the fees .

i do it all the time.

if a buyer cancels i get that free listing back.  just need to conact them

do let them BS you

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

We're talking about auto-relists. Not something you can get credited.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply