Advice on shoes package and shipping please :)

Hi guys,

I am a new seller who just want to clean out some of my unwanted items.

I have a few pair of shoes to sell, such as slipers, flats, high heels etc...

From looking at other shoes thats been listed on ebay, I noticed the postage costs from as low as $6 but I'm not too sure how this works as looking at Australia Post fees the minimum is $6.95 for under 500g, $8.95 for over 500g but in same state n $11.45 for over 500g interstate. How do sellers charge so much less for postage on items like shoes which is quite heavy in case.

Any advice please? Thanks very much ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Advice on shoes package and shipping please :)

sellers with lower postage offset some of the extra cost by charging more for their items.

so instead of say, $25 shoes and $12 postage they may sell for $30 shoes and $7 postage.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

Do you have any advice how sellers normally pack their shoes? is hard box a must? or is it other ways to pack shoes without boxes? Thank you ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

Hi, Everytime I have bought shoes they have just been bubble wrapped very well and placed in a satchel, either 500gm or 3kg. A box is good but in most cases will be dearer to send because of the cubing.

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

If you use satchels (Click & Send ones are cheaper) then they are flat rate Australia wide. As are some standard boxes through C&S. The only issue is you have to register with C&S and pay online to get those rates. But they do accept Paypal these doays, which is a big plus.

I suspect a lot of shoes with $6.00 postage are in stores and the listing has been going around since postage WAS around $6.00. A lot of sellers don't seem to monitor their listings particularly frequently. or, as said, they apportion some of the postage into the item cost.

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

I sell mostly shoes, the hi end stuff sometimes still have their boxes and dustbags I still wrap in tissue & bubble wrap, the middle market shoes in tissue in the shoe around the shoe, then bubble wrap around it.

I express post everything with tracking however I subsidise the cost by 20-30% only beacuse I can afford to with the $ value of the items.(this is just MY choice its not the norm)

However it depends on the brand & value of the shoe. Standard postage is fine, some shoes will be under 500 grams but NOT many. They mostly weigh 600 -800 grams. If you have designer stuff I really recommend you send the fastest & safest way, express with tracking.

Mostly you will need a medium satchel up to 3kg. You can fit 2 pairs in this satchel so if you get a multiple buyer the shipping works out reasonably.

Good luck with your sales.

Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

I fill the toes with tissue paper to prevent them being squished in unless they are a very soft shoe. If they have a narrow, high heel I wrap tissue round them then wrap them in bubble wrap and place in a click & send satchel.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

What a lovely reply.

Most refreshing

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

Thanks for the advice. Sorry I am new to selling on eBay. May I ask what is "click & send" satchels? Are you talking about those prepaid stachel bags?

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

Hi thank you so much for the information. So I am guessing most of the time it will be either 500g small parcel bag at $8.25 or up to 3kg medium size parcel bag at $13.40?
Message 10 of 17
Latest reply