Advice please...Buyer says item's fake and wants full refund

So basically I sold a box of mask (10 pc). They are NOT fake.  I bought them from the most trustable department stores with my own money. The claim was based on the fact that the codes among the masks in that same box appeared to be different- which is true, I accidentally mixed them up among different genuine boxes when I took them in and out for pictures.

Each individually sealed mask has a code that can track its authenticity with the producer as evidence. I sent a message recommended her doing so, but received no reply. 

I just feel like the entire claim is almost like a defamation of character on my own. I almost feel offended like someone claiming me selling counterfeits.

In desperate need of advice- please help

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

don't message her again unless she contacts you first, then tell her they are not fake and if she wants a refund she will have to return all items in original unused condition.
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I can understand why the buyer may be concerned, I also wonder why if the masks were the same 'flavour' why you would remove any from more than one box to take pics.  If they are not the same flavour then the buyer is still right to complain. While you may know they are genuine the buyer does not, serial numbers can be as easily faked as any other form of authenticity so not having them matching the packaging or the rest of the items is a real reason to be concerned about something you are going to expose your skin to.

In these circumstances I would send an apology and a full refund and tell them to keep the product, is your reputation worth losing for thirteen bucks?

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

phorum_junkie,

Your advice to OP to refund "as your reputation is not worth losing for $13" is a total turnaround from your statements I remember reading in few other posts.

Something to the effect of:

"If I know I'm right I don't care what colour dot buyer leaves as it's only a dot on the computer screen"

And that is how it should be, something either is (right) or it isn't.

OP has stated why and how mixed numbers occured and she knows product was not a fake as she bought them herself.

And does that mean that anyone can just open their mouth and call something a fake - and bingo!

"Full refund and keep the stuff"

Not the most helpful advice or comment this time.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

The salient point was if I was right, in this case the seller by their own admission did something wrong, they may consider it unimportant but obviously the buyer doesn't. Would you risk putting a product on the delicate skin of your face if there was any indication the product may not be what it says on the packet?

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply