Paypal disput almost 4 months after sale??

I have just received a paypal dispute almost 4 months after the sale. I thought buyers only had 45 days to start a dispute???

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Buyers now have 180 days to open a PayPal dispute which is a ridiculous amount of time!

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

That is absolutely ridiculous. 45 days is more than enough time to know if the item isn't as described or if there's a problem.

Ebay and Paypal are becoming more and more of a joke.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

It's aload of carp I know,180 days with PayPal and 30 days with ebay.

Should be 7 days max with both!

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

@collect247 wrote:

It's aload of carp I know,180 days with PayPal and 30 days with ebay.

Should be 7 days max with both!

Would that be from 7 days from date of purchase; date of posting or date of receiving?

7 days from date of purchase - patently absurd, it takes at least 10 days for parcels to cross the Nullabor.

7 days from date of postage - same applies, plus Paypal would only have seller's word for it that the item was posted on any  stated date.

7 days from date of receiving - how the hell can Paypal know what day any given item was delievered?

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I know the ebay MBG policy is that if they don't a definite delivery date from a tracking number they just assume 10 days from the purchase date as delivery, which would be day 1 out of 30.

Paypal states "...you file a dispute in the PayPal Resolution Centre within 180 calendar days of the transaction"  I take that to mean the day the item was paid for.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Even if it were still 45 days a buyer who funds a purchase with a credit card can ask their bank to do a chargeback, that can be any time up to 12 months after the date of payment with some banks, if they do that then fighting it will cost you $15 on top of the refund so I would be grateful they just opened a dispute. Just because they opened it does not men they will win it, believe it or not sellers often win Paypal disputes plus the buyer will have to return the item at their own expense so depending what it is and the reason for the claim you may be worrying about nothing. It is too late for them to leave neg feedback and trsh your DSRs.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply