Aerosol can delivery

sales.s_22
Community Member

Hi I’m looking at selling an aerosol product on eBay but having trouble working out how to post / courier the product due to it being classed as a dangerous goods. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks

Jason

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Aerosol can delivery

Talk to the courier business's or Australia Post,  they know the rules under which they may or may not carry these good.s

I would never take advise from a forum on something as critical as dangerous goods,  get the information from the horses mouth, then get it in writing as well.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Aerosol can delivery

How many are you hoping to send each week.  When I looked into it some years ago Aust. Post was not overly interested unless you where sending large volumes.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Aerosol can delivery

@sugar249 wrote:

Talk to the courier business's or Australia Post,  they know the rules under which they may or may not carry these good.s

I would never take advise from a forum on something as critical as dangerous goods,  get the information from the horses mouth, then get it in writing as well.

Good advice, unless of course there is a forum member who had had decades of experience in the courier industry and has held a DGL during their working life.

OP,  Contact Australia Post about the current rules for Dangerous Goods and see if you are eligible to send the goods with them.....ditto with a reliable courier company.

If no joy with either option all you can do is list the items as Pick Up Only.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Aerosol can delivery

Hi,

Check at your PO counter, but I think all you need is the  'By Road' sticker so the parcel is not sent interstate by air. 

Try Dangerous goods guide (auspost.com.au)

cheers

Tony

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply