Allow Customer to add frieght cost?

Howdy,

Is it possible to allow the customer/purchaser to add there own freight charge, I.E customer will use freight calculator to get postage cost, add the postage cost themselves and then pay. (obviously the amount entered will be checked before shipping)

Is this possible? or does anyone have any suggestions on eliminating the need to wait for the seller to add the postage cost?

My items are unique and set freight costs are not possible (wont be competitive)

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Allow Customer to add frieght cost?

It used to be possible for buyers to edit or enter P&H costs, but isn't anymore as the system was very open to abuse.

Freight rather than having postage costs means your listings will usually appear after everyone else's in sort orders (other than best match, maybe), so I'd probably look at using rate tables instead, that way you can specify costs individually to various areas (up to 15). 

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/news/rate-tables

I haven't used them extensively, just had a little play around when it was first introduced, so I can't advise much about how to set them up etc. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

It used to be possible for buyers to edit or enter P&H costs, but isn't anymore as the system was very open to abuse.

Freight rather than having postage costs means your listings will usually appear after everyone else's in sort orders (other than best match, maybe), so I'd probably look at using rate tables instead, that way you can specify costs individually to various areas (up to 15). 

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/news/rate-tables

I haven't used them extensively, just had a little play around when it was first introduced, so I can't advise much about how to set them up etc. 

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Exactly the answer I was looking for, thank you for the information.
Regards
Message 3 of 3
Latest reply