Almost every item I have tried to sell during the past 6 months has had a non paying bidder.

sw020
Community Member

Almost every item I have tried to sell during the last few months has had a non paying bidder. A variety of items from a 4wd to a mobile phone. Is anyone else having similar problem?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Almost every item I have tried to sell during the past 6 months has had a non paying bidder.

Those items are prone to scammers looking for personal info.

Set your blocks to weed out serial non payers and add any ones that you get to your BBL so they can't do it again.

From My eBay page select the account tab then site prefs and buyer requirements.

image host
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

I hope you opened NPB cases against them and got your fees back.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Several non payers are on my blocked list, many more only ended up paying at the last minute after I had reported them for non payment (and now also on the list)

As mentioned, make sure you report these 'people' so you get your feeds back. Ebay consider them bought and paid for and will charge accordingly otherwise

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Pretty common for auctions I think. Unfortunately. I have an item finishing tonight that should go for a bit so I'm concerned about this happening. Crosses fingers!!!!
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

people think that's its some sort of game-that's why i gave up on auctions and now even have generally given up on ebay-facebook and gumtree are going off for me with no fees of any sort, no paypal and no stress of dodgy buyers doing credit card chargebacks or god forbid negative feedback - it's just too hard and stressful here these days and not a pleasant place to sell. Still run a couple of small items here but once they go i go.
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

I would have thought it was unusual to have almost every item you list end up with a non paying bidder, so I do think it probably has a lot to do with the actual items you are listing.

For example, with a car. I have friends who listed a little vintage car (in bad condition) on ebay and had a lot of time wasting bids & "winners" before eventually getting a genuine buyer & even that was fraught (as in the buyer couldn't afford it so came to a private arrangement to pay it off monthly before collection).

From what I have seen, you could be just as well off selling a car on one of the dedicated car sites.

But if you try selling things other than electronics, cars etc, you'd think the rate of non paying bidders would drop. Hopefully.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply