Am I being scammed?

Am I being scammed?

This is the only reason I can think of as to why a buyer would open an undelivered item case seven weeks after purchase.

Has anyone else noticed that ebay tracking is unreliable? In this case the ebay tracking just shows “Tracking Provided” on the 2nd of May but nothing further so you could easily think the parcel wasn’t delivered. However, if you put the tracking number in to auspost.com.au it shows it was lodged at the post office on the 2nd of May and delivered on the 4th of May.

I have replied to the buyer through the case that if they check the tracking on Auspost it shows delivered and I listed all the dates. I then suggested they need to contact Auspost if their parcel hasn’t been delivered.

I’m very concerned that since they opened a case through ebay that ebay are going to force me to refund the buyer if the case isn’t resolved. Should I be concerned? Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,

Robyn

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Am I being scammed?

7 weeks after purchase means the original ETA would have had to have been at least 21st May in order for them to remain eligible for protection under the MBG. (Eligibility is last ETA + 30 days).

If the ETA was any earlier than that, you can just contact eBay CS (via chat) and let them know that not only does tracking show delivery, but that the buyer is no longer even eligible to make a claim - they'll close it immediately without refund to the buyer if that is the case.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Am I being scammed?

Did you upload the tracking number into the open case ?

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Am I being scammed?

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Upload the AusPost tracking to the case.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Am I being scammed?

SNAP 😉

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Am I being scammed?

Thanks for the advice. I've also added the tracking number to the case.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Am I being scammed?

7 weeks after purchase means the original ETA would have had to have been at least 21st May in order for them to remain eligible for protection under the MBG. (Eligibility is last ETA + 30 days).

If the ETA was any earlier than that, you can just contact eBay CS (via chat) and let them know that not only does tracking show delivery, but that the buyer is no longer even eligible to make a claim - they'll close it immediately without refund to the buyer if that is the case.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Am I being scammed?

Thanks again for the advice.

ebay CS: "The case is closed in your  favour now, it will  reflect in your account in next 24 hours"

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Am I being scammed?

Just in case, add the buyer's ID to your blocked buyer list:

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/resolving-buyer-issues/blocking-buyer?id=4082

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply