Am I getting it wrong or ebay promotions is a joke?

Hi guys,

I wanted to create a sale but then noticed promotion option in "manage my store" section. Ok, I though why do I need to make a sale if I could sell more with promotion by paying ebay extra percentage. And I will get more exposure. I selected  10% just to try even though I wanted to give a 25% discount for the sale .

Started promotion and what I could see is pretty damn stupid from ebay or to say correctly they think we as sellers are stupid if ebay thinks it would be interested for sellers.

All my items selected for the promotion stay where they were without it but each item just has a small grey rectangle at the top that says "promotion". And that's it.

So it looks to me they really think that it is worth paying them 10% or whatever a seller is ready to pay for this kind of "promotion" and on top on their regular fees.

Just stopped that pointless feature and started a sale as intended. At least my customers will benefit from lower prices and no extra candies for ebay. 

Decoroo - Custom made wooden products
Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I have a store promotion set up with a 10% discount for sales over $20 (ex postage). All my listings show it and I don't pay eBay any more than normal in sale fees.

Are you talking about some other sort of promotion?

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Ahhh.

Promoted listings, not store promotions. Silly me, imagine thinking "promotion option in "manage my store"" had something to do with store promotions.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Can't be much different than the "Premium Service Badge"...

A beat-up about nothing.... 

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

@dylan11235813 wrote:

Might be this : http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/grow-your-business/promoted-listings

that's right, it is the one I am talking about

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Wow, they have put a sale icon on the items pictures that are for sale. However this icon is shown only in my store not in search results on ebay.

The only way to see something is on sale is to open the item  description and you will see a sale countdown clock and "Save on markdown"  words at the top of the item description.

It looks you can only attract a new customer is she/he  thinks the listed price is right for them but most of them are  bying these items  without 25% discount for sale.  So it seems to me ebay sales the way they are done now are just offering a buyer a discount when they are ready to buy  it without it. 

Why everything eBay  does is so unlogical and simply does not make any sense?

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Welcome to the world of ebay......

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

@typhoon4u wrote:

Welcome to the world of ebay......

See the problem is that I have seen its best days and I am trying to compare old times and now. I have been eBay  member for 12 years and it is just unbearable  to see how its going worse  every time they  are trying to "improve" our experience.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply