Amazing how many sellers are pee'd off right now in this forum

Just came onto the forum to catch up on things and read the latest horror stories.

Looking at the thread titles right now (Wed night 8 pm) it's astounding how many sellers are having a really bad experience with eBay.

Thread after thread of frustrations with eBay's system and buyers who cause so many problems.

It's become so troublesome, too complicated, too many ways for things to go wrong.  Surely all these issues are wasting eBay's customer support resources trying to help people sort it all out.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Couldn't agree more. There are hours a week just in damage control these days.
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

saarzi
Community Member

I think thats the whole point.   Ebay is becoming an online Mall, contracting large name retailers - this was a business decision on their part. It was admitted that they have too many small sellers and seem to be fixing that problem by implementing a system that penalises small sellers, pushing them out of business.

Ebay is purposefully becoming a site where small sellers dont have a place. It makes good business sense to remove them slowly.

I have noticed this past week there are a lot more sellers complaining about being restricted than usual.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

it is the nature of these help boards that people only come here when there is a problem, it is once in a blue moon that anyone, buyer or sellers, posts to say everything went OK. As the number of members and listed items increase so will the number of problems. I would be interested to know what percentage of members have problems. It used to be said that only 5% of members ever looked at the boards and only a small percentage of those actually posted anything.

I don't know if it is because the link to the boards is less visible now or if it is because there is now phone support but there are many fewer new posts on the discussion and answer center boards than there used to be.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply